The Technical Writer will work independently and as part of a team to author technical manuals (IPC/IPB, AMM, AFIP, SRM, WDM and CMM) for commercial and military aircraft and aircraft components. The Technical Writer will research engineering documents and interface with SMEs to develop manuals that are complete and accurate.
• Write and update manuals based on the required specifications. This includes commercial and military specifications and customer specific specifications and guidelines.
• Ensure that all documentation is clear, concise, professional, and correct.
• Ensure that all tasks are completed on time.
• 1 to 5 years of aviation technical writing experience.
• In lieu of aviation technical writing experience, a combination of education/training and 2 or more years of aircraft maintenance experience.
• Knowledge of industry writing specifications (ATA 100, ATA iSpec2200, S1000D and ASD STE-100).
• Ability to read and understand: engineering drawings, documents, and specifications.
• Proficient with MS Office suite and Adobe Acrobat.
• Prior maintenance experience
• Technical (electrical/mechanical) background
• Epic Editor, Arbortext, and/or FrameMaker knowledge
Company Description Triad Design Service, a publisher of technical manuals for the military, aerospace, transportation, and technology industries for over 40 years, has an excellent opportunity in Rockford, IL at the UTC Aerospace Systems facility for a Service Bulletin Technical Writer.