Linux Systems Administrator
We are seeking a Linux Systems Administrator to join our team! You will handle a variety of projects to support and improve the organization's systems.
- Responsible for effective installation and configuration, patch, secure, and maintain Linux servers
- Responsible for installation, maintenance and troubleshooting infrastructure software (OpenStack, Kubernetes, CICD, etc...) to support software development.
- Monitor system performance using OS tools and utilities. Perform system tuning and troubleshooting to resolve issues
- Possesses the ability to track and prioritize all submitted Trouble Tickets and Help Desk calls
- Perform routine preventative maintenance on equipment
- Responsible for all backups, both full and partial. Makes sure that all backups occur during and outside of regular business hours. Make sure the backups are in a secure location in the event of fire, flood, theft, or another disaster.
- Tests backup-and-restore process to ensure data integrity
- Possesses the ability to troubleshoot fielded systems, test new systems/configurations in a lab environment, and actively participate in technical meetings
- Document all technical procedures and user guides
- Previous experience as a Linux systems administrator
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
THIS IS AN OVER THE WEEKEND JOB. You will be required to work Thursday-Monday.