Manager, Sales Strategy (Regionals and Demo)
GENERAL DESCRIPTION - PURPOSE OF ROLE:
We are looking for a highly motivated and energetic individual seeking a challenging career with one of the most exciting and fastest growing companies in the Pet Industry. The Manager Sales Strategy joins Blue Buffalo's Customer Analytics and Promotion Planning team to be accountable for working with the Regionals and Demo sales teams to develop retail customer/other presentations, maximize the efficiency of trade strategies, and use Customer specific data to identify trends and growth initiatives.
- Establish and maintain an internal promotion planning and evaluation tool ensuring data integrity.
- Accurate and timely delivery of weekly, monthly, and quarterly sales reporting and analysis.
- Provide updates on competitive activity, both at the account and in the market, customer specific strategy changes, key marketplace updates and other business related activities.
- Leverage internal and external data sources including customer point-of-sales, customer specific Nielsen data, and other customer provided data sets to create analysis, interpret data for sales team, and create presentations to clearly communicate recommendations to Customers.
- Will be challenged to deliver insights and recommendations in consistent, actionable formats and responsible for communicating findings to the sales team.
- Use available tools to assist in fact-based category and business analysis.
- Track and analyze new item performance (distribution builds, velocities, etc.).
- Assist in routine sales analysis and provide actionable feedback for ACV/distribution, sales trends, shelf management, etc.
- Conduct promotional planning support via in-depth store specific analysis and communicate promotional results to all levels of the organization.
- Be a power user and subject matter expert in sales systems such as Nielsen and IRI.
- Assist attend customer facing meetings to support sales with category insights.
- Manage, prioritize, and execute various ad-hoc project requests in support of Sales leaders, Customer Marketing, and other cross-functional teams.
- Manage and lead monthly reporting sessions with senior leaders and customers.
- Manage and build sales and customer reporting leveraging Tableau
- Work cross functionally with other managers in sales analytics to create total category and company analysis to identify emerging trends and cross channel opportunities.
- 5+ years of business experience in sales, sales analytics, category management and related functions.
- Travel required ~20% to Sales and Customer meetings.
- Candidate should have proven analytical skills, computer proficiency and experience with project management.
- Candidate should have experience in presenting and influencing senior leaders within an organization.
- Exceptional Microsoft Excel, Power Point, and Word skills are required.
- Strong Category, Consumer & Shopper knowledge, including experience with syndicated data???.IRI/Nielsen, Household Panel Data, customer POS data
- In depth knowledge of consumer products, product mix impacts, and key retail sales metrics.
- Must be able to prioritize multiple tasks/projects while delivering results and meeting deadlines
- Ability to work well in a team environment, display excellent presentation, communication skills (oral and written), influencing skills, and can interface effectively with all levels within the organization.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, Management, or related field required; MBA preferred