Business Operations Analyst
We’re OperationsInc, a human resources consulting firm located in Norwalk, CT. A client of ours, Direct Wines, Inc. (www.directwinesinc.com) a dynamic Marketing Company that works with licensed wine retailers throughout the U.S, is seeking a Business Operations Analyst to add to their organization. We have been retained to assist them in their efforts to secure the most qualified candidate.
The Business Operations Analyst is responsible for both day-to-day Business and Marketing Operations support, as well as internal Process development and enhancement.
This critical function coordinates the data set-ups, quality assurance, systems workflow and reporting to create, launch, test, and monitor marketing campaigns and business programs, while serving as point person for the Marketing, Wine, Operations, Customer Service, Creative, Finance, Compliance, and IT teams.
This position also plays a key role on the new Business Process Improvement team which is tasked with developing process enhancements that improve workflow and reduce errors by working cross-functionally across departments to identify, develop, test, document and implement creative solutions to operational challenges and process inefficiencies.
Program Setup & Testing
- Work with recruitment and retention marketing and other teams to determine marketing and technical requirements and timelines of business programs to ensure they are operationally feasible
- Use various internal systems to set up marketing campaigns, promotions, offers and other business programs
- Provide thorough business testing to ensure accurate data flow, business functionality, and optimal user experience
- Work autonomously to manage project deadlines, marketing timelines and operational schedules
- Understand systems, interactions and dataflows to efficiently identify, troubleshoot and resolve issues or inconsistencies that arise
- Utilize data analysis tools to create performance tracking reports and other ad hoc queries
Business Operations & Process Improvement
- Assist Business Process Improvement initiative including monitoring data flows and processes across different departments and systems to identify bottlenecks and process gaps, recommend workarounds and enhancements, implement changes and exception reporting where needed
- Troubleshoot source of issues that arise, oversee fixes and add check-steps to avoid recurrence
- Review, test, document and update business workflows and processes into standard operating procedures manual
- Work collaboratively across different departments to obtain alignment and buy-in on recommended process changes
- Create and execute Quality Assurance testing plans for marketing promotions, websites, landing pages, system releases, and other new business ventures
Desired Skills and Experience
- 2+ years experience in a Marketing, Operations or Project Management role
- Bachelor's degree required
- Results-driven, energetic, self-motivated, genuinely curious, process oriented
- Strong verbal and written communication and liaison skills
- Proactive project owner with ability to take the ball and run with it
- Team player with ability to juggle multiple projects and deadlines across a variety of stakeholders
- Keen attention to detail and quality assurance
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, problem-solving and reporting skills
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Strong knowledge of MS Office suite, particularly Excel and SQL preferred
- Comfort level learning and navigating various systems, databases and websites
- Some IT experience preferred