Description of Duties and Tasks: Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develop, manage, and maintain scholarship policies, procedures, and operations to ensure appropriate disbursement and fiscal accountability.
- Promote the scholarship program in order to increase the number of scholarship applications and funding available for scholarships.
- Develop marketing literature to promote awareness of NHF scholarships and other scholarship opportunities.
- Implement policies and procedures while continuing to improve delivery systems, maximize office efficiency and improve overall scholarship unit effectiveness.
- Plan, evaluate, and set yearly goals for the scholarship area in conjunction with Scholarship Committee.
- Collaborate with IT staff to automate the scholarship application process.
- Participate actively in enrollment management and student retention activities.
- Develop and conduct presentations as needed.
- Develop and maintain strong community relations with donors and potential donors and students.
- Act as liaison between NHF Foundation and external organizations and donors.
- Provide projections, allocations and comprehensive reports as needed.
- Create scholarship recipient alumni network and parents groups.
- Work with local colleges regarding admissions and financial aid.
- Maintain accurate data and historical records of scholarship and past recipients.
- Work with local high school counselors on outreach and recruiting.
- Provide data for the preparation of grants.
- Establishes alumni association and recruits recipients to share their scholarship journey.
Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
Prefer knowledge of:
- Scholarship and federal aid programs
- Experience compiling data and preparing reports.
- General operations of an institution of higher education.
- Must possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree with five years’ experience, or a Master’s degree in Higher Education.
- Work some nights and weekends required.