Retail Sales Associate
Pet Pantry Warehouse of is seeking Retail Sales Associates to become an integral part of our team! You will be responsible for selling products, merchandise, and services in a retail setting in order to drive company revenue. Outgoing and energetic personalities who enjoy working with people and pets, and understand the environment of retail sales are a must!
Opportunity exists to attain full time status and upward promotion within the company. Animal lovers are welcome and preferred!
Please no seasonal applicants. College students applying must be willing to continue employment after school sessions begin, even if part time only.
We are looking to fill positions in our New Canaan location.
Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Welcome and identify customer needs
- Explain products and services to customers
- Monitor inventory to ensure product is in stock
- Cashier Duties
- Restocking product/assisting in delivery receiving
- Investigate and resolve customer complaints
- Van deliveries
- Previous experience in sales, customer service, or other related fields
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to build rapport with customers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to lift 50#
- Flexible schedule-ability to fill morning and evening shifts weekdays and weekends
- Wednesdays, Thursdays, and weekend days are required! Please do not apply if you have scheduling restrictions on these days.
Pet Pantry Warehouse is a growing company, operating 6 locations in Connecticut (Riverside, Wilton, and New Canaan, CT), and New York (Rye, Larchmont, and Scarsdale, NY). Our 7th location in Fairfield CT will be opening in April/May 2018.