Pharmacy Technician Supervisor
PharMerica Corporation is a premier institutional pharmacy services provider, dedicated to providing quality patient care and innovative pharmacy solutions to institutional customers and patients in long-term care settings. With nearly $2 billion in annual revenues, PharMerica is one of the nation's largest institutional pharmacy companies. PharMerica operates more than 100 institutional pharmacies in 45 states and serves nursing facilities that care for approximately 350,000 patients.
PharMerica Berlin is recruiting a Pharmacy Technician Supervisor to join our team.
The Pharmacy Technician Supervisor supervises the work of a team of Pharmacy Technicians that are responsible for dispensing medical prescriptions.
- Develops work schedules and hire and trains new employees.
- Fills prescriptions and monitors stock as needed.
- Prepare, count, label, package, and dispense pharmaceuticals for Pharmacist approval.
- Prepare detailed patient medication profile, fill routine pharmaceutical orders, and package medical prescription in correct container.
- Maintain equipment by ordering, stocking, and organizing supplies and delivery order.
- Interact with other departments to provide accurately dispense prescriptions on a schedule according to predetermined delivery times.
- Has extensive knowledge of Medicare and Third Party insurance billing. Has ability to resolve prescription adjudication issues.
- Ability to coach and counsel employees to discipline unacceptable behavior, and to promote improvement of work efficiency.
- Leads and directs the work of others.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
- Conducts job responsibilities in accordance with the standards set out in the Company's Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, its policies and procedures, the Corporate Compliance Agreement, applicable federal and state laws, and applicable professional standards.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 3 years related experience required; 5 year preferred
- Must be a Licensed Pharmacy Technician
- Excellent customer service skills
- Must be available to work first shift between the hours of 8am-10pm and every other weekend (40 hours per week).
Accelerate Your Career with PharMerica!
Nearest Major Market: Hartford