Sports Optics Technical Advisor
We’re OperationsInc, a Human Resources Outsourcing and Consulting firm based in Norwalk, CT.
Our client, with just under 25,000 employees, is one of the global leaders in the optical and optoelectronic industries and has been contributing to technological progress for 170 years. Based in Thornwood, NY, they are seeking a dedicated Technical Advisor for their Sports Optics products to join their Customer Care Group.
The Technical Advisor would be the principal consumer-facing technical expert for the ZEISS Sports Optics. S/He would be active in fielding consumer product inquiries related to technical features, specific selection recommendations, product set-up and adjustments, trouble-shooting, and ideal application and usage. In addition, the role would include responsibilities in training other ZEISS personnel on these same disciplines. The Technical Advisor would also participate in the creation of consumer facing “how to” and/or “best practices” type collateral content using both a written and video presentation format.
Responsibilities Include the Following:
Consumer/Dealer Technical Support:
- Become the subject matter expert for the Zeiss Sports Optics product line (Riflescopes, Binoculars and Spotting Scopes be the product advisors across the product lines Victory, Conquest and Terra; able to compare with competition)
- Be the line of support for Product Expertise for all consumer/dealer generated inquiries. (Knowledge about Ballistic, Ballistic reticle solutions, Target & Hunting Turrets, Mounts, Calibers, Guns; understands the different hunting and shooting challenges and habits across the country)
- Explain mechanical functionality of features while exercising great patience and a friendly demeanor (Hunting & Target Turrets, reversal system, first and second focal plane reticle solutions)
- Reach out to consumers and discuss replacements and / or upgrade options in the case product cannot be serviced
- To ensure the needs of customers are met at the time of the repair process is initiated, an option of a loaner product is offered
- Create training aids for care team and consumers to include written, video and other forms of communication or formats
- Possible participation at trade/dealer/consumer shows
- Schedule technical product training sessions with customer care team regularly and as needed
- Ensure internal training manuals are available, feasible and up-to-date
- Develop a product demonstration and comparison curriculum
- Develop a product team leader to become the technical resource to the customer care team to assist with customer inquiries and questions.
- Help coordinate off-site training events that are relevant and inspiring to the Consumer Optics Team.
Experience & Requirements Include the Following:
- Ten plus years of real world experience with a variety of long-guns incl. ammunition, riflescopes, spotting scopes, range finders and binoculars
- Five plus years of experience in the hunting and shooting sports industry
- Strong communication skills (verbal, presentation and written)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products as well as SAP and Sales Force is preferred
- Travel up to 25% is expected
Our client offers a competitive compensation and benefits package for this full-time, permanent position.If you’re qualified and interested, please send your resume to RE@OperationsInc.com for review and consideration.