Senior Payroll Specialist
Sema4 is an interdisciplinary health information company that is helping patients, clinicians and researchers better predict health trajectories. We provide accurate & comprehensive genetic and genomic tests coupled with sophisticated information science to empower patients and their doctors to make better health decisions, now and in the future.
Formerly the Mount Sinai Genetic Testing Lab at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai in NYC, Sema4 combines more than 160 years of clinical experience, world-class academic research that illuminates new directions, and the pioneering information science that puts all the pieces of data together to unlock answers to your health. Learn more at www.sema4genomics.com/ourstory.
The Senior Payroll Specialist will analyze, prepare and process bi-weekly, multi-state payroll for approximately 300 employees. Works as member of the Human Resources team and supports key initiatives of the HR function.
Duties and responsibilities
- Provides end-to-end processing of all payrolls on a timely basis
- Handles complex payroll processing, reports, reconciliations, payroll taxes, year-end procedures and W-2’s for all employees
- Processes off-cycle paychecks, paycheck reversals, and tax adjustments, collections/overpayment tracking,and expatriate processing
- Ensures the accurate processing of all mandatory and voluntary deductions as well as garnishments, liens, direct deposit requests, and 401(k) loans
- Creates and analyzes regular and special reports through HRIS/Payroll system reporting
- Investigates complex inquiries from and responds to taxing agencies
- Ensures compliance with all company policies and procedures as they relate to payroll
- Works effectively with other departments and various members of the accounting staff to meet business and position expectations
- Manages payroll segment of the on-boarding process, ensuring proper and accurate information is obtained and input to the payroll system for all new hires
- Interacts with all employees as the subject-matter-expert in issues pertaining to payroll, deductions, withholdings and benefit administration items that impact pay rates
- 3-5 yearsexperience processing multi-state payroll
- Knowledge of federal and state withholding reciprocity agreements, regulations and processing
- Bachelors degree preferred
- Strong verbal skills
- Working knowledge of Paylocity payroll system a plus