Sema4 is an interdisciplinary health information company that is helping patients, clinicians and researchers better predict health trajectories. We provide accurate & comprehensive genetic and genomic tests coupled with sophisticated information science to empower patients and their doctors to make better health decisions, now and in the future.
Formerly the Mount Sinai Genetic Testing Lab at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai in NYC, Sema4 combines more than 160 years of clinical experience, world-class academic research that illuminates new directions, and the pioneering information science that puts all the pieces of data together to unlock answers to your health. Learn more at www.sema4genomics.com/ourstory.
Sema4 is seeking a Accounting Manager, reporting to the Controller. The Accounting Manager plays a key role in the monthly/quarterly close process, in the generation and review of the financial statements and related reports and in ensuring that controls over financial reporting are in place and working effectively. The Senior Accountant assists in the completion of monthly closing procedures, analyzes balance sheet and P&L accounts, collaborates with business process owners on preparation of adjustments and journal entries, ensures proper and complete documentation of accounting transactions, and interacts with external auditors on audit requirements.
- Coordinate the preparation of adjustments and journal entries and ensures that all journal entries are accurate, completely documented and approved.
- Monitor and analyze monthly account balances; prepares analyses and reconciliations of balance sheet accounts; reviews P&L accounts to ensure invoices have been properly classified.
- Prepare the balance sheet and income statement fluxes on a quarterly basis.
- Review and ensure completeness of monthly closing documentation, e.g., journal entries are documented and approved, supporting schedules are accurate and have been reviewed, all reporting requirements completed.
- Assist in ensuring effective expense management in accordance with Sema4 T&E policies and accounting guidelines.
- Act as payroll accountant and work with the Human Resources department in all payroll-related tasks, e.g., implementation of the payroll administration platform (Paylocity), payroll taxation, state and local wage taxation, unemployment insurance, etc.
- Assist Accounting Managers in processing accounting transactions, as necessary.
- Ensure compliance with US GAAP and internal accounting policies
- Coordinate with external auditors; prepares audit requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business, CPA preferred
- 5-8 years accounting experience, combination of Big 4 (at least 2 years) and corporate accounting/finance experience preferred
- Experience in Netsuite, healthcare industry preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of accounting principles and procedures and strong accounting skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, demanding work environment
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks and competing demands
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite; strong Excel and general computer skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
CPA or working towards CPA preferred
Master’s Degree in Business a plus
Apply for Accounting Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly