Senior Accounting Manager
Sema4 is an interdisciplinary health information company that is helping patients, clinicians and researchers better predict health trajectories. We provide accurate & comprehensive genetic and genomic tests coupled with sophisticated information science to empower patients and their doctors to make better health decisions, now and in the future.
Formerly the Mount Sinai Genetic Testing Lab at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai in NYC, Sema4 combines more than 160 years of clinical experience, world-class academic research that illuminates new directions, and the pioneering information science that puts all the pieces of data together to unlock answers to your health. Learn more at www.sema4genomics.com/ourstory.
Sema4 is seeking a Senior Manager for Accounting, reporting to the Controller. The Senior Manager for Accounting’s primary responsibility will be to manage the accounting and financial reporting functions, and ensure that all accounting operations and deliverables are processed on time, accurately and efficiently. This individual will provide expert technical accounting expertise to the company, manage the monthly close process, administer the accounting system/ERP, define and maintain the accounting and financial policies and procedures as well as help institute departmental processes to achieve these goals. The successful candidate must have strong technical accounting skills, the ability to see the big picture, yet accurate with close attention to detail. Sharp analytical, problem-solving skills combined with common sense and good judgement. Well organized with an ability to prioritize and multitask, and thrive in a dynamic environment.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Manage the monthly financial close process; ensure timely completion of the monthly close process including an analytical review of the monthly operating results to ensure accurate accounting records are properly maintained
- Serve as the accounting subject matter expert on such topics as revenue recognition, reserves and release of accruals, fixed asset accounting, and equity related matters
- Ensure that all transactions are recorded in compliance with US GAAP, and financial statements are properly presented
- Develop and implement financial policies, reporting practices and systems to improve operational performance.
- Ensure the accurate and timely accounting of business transactions.
- Implement and administer the company’s equity management platform and ensure proper accounting for stock-based compensation.
- Develop and maintain meaningful periodic reporting and analysis on financial results to management
- Review financial data, synthesize with sales/marketing and operational data to develop meaningful reports for management
- Coordinate with external auditors regarding report requirements for quarterly review and annual audit and to facilitate timely, cost effective audits
- Work with FP&A as required for financial projections.
- Work with other members of the Finance and Accounting group to collaborate on information gathering, closing of the books, and analyzing/interpreting financial information.
- Work closely with the Finance team to ensure controls over financial reporting are in place and working effectively.
- Bachelor’s degree, CPA required; MBA a plus
- Minimum 8-10 years of progressively responsible experience with at least 5 years experience working with an external audit firm
- Excellent technical accounting and financial reporting skills
- Experience working in a financial role in a healthcare or biotechnology company a plus.
- High level of proficiency with MS Excel
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, along with ability to manage multiple tasks and competing demands.
- Highly self-motivated and an excellent team player. Able to work independently, with keen attention to detail.
Apply for Senior Accounting Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly