Associate General Counsel 132800
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
*Preferred locations:*WI, OH, IN or KY. But will consider other locations in the Midwest and Northeast.
* Associate General Counsel *
We are seeking an experienced attorney to provide advice on subrogation and subrogation related issues.
* Responsible for providing legal advice and recommendations to subrogation business area. This includes litigation advice on subrogation recoveries, advice on proposed legislation, advice on subrogation language and related issues.
* Provide advice and recommendations on mass tort cases.
* Provide general legal support to subrogation business area as needed.
* Provide advice on HIPAA and other privacy laws and regulations.
Qualified candidate must have:
* JD degree from an ABA accredited law school and admission to practice in some state in the United States.
* Current license to practice law.
* Minimum of 9 years of experience as an attorney within health law and subrogation.
* Familiarity with subrogation laws across the 50 states.
* Familiarity with legislative process and contract drafting.
*/ Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America?s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and is a 2016 DiversityInc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at antheminc.com/careers. EOE. M/F/Disability/Veteran. /*
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Anthem, Inc. will recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or other status protected by applicable law. In addition, all personnel actions such as compensation, promotion, demotion, benefits, transfers, staff reductions, terminations, reinstatement and rehire, company-sponsored training, education and tuition assistance, and social and recreational programs will be administered in accordance with the principles of equal employment opportunity.
**Title:** *Associate General Counsel 132800*
**Requisition ID:** *132800*
We recently changed our name from WellPoint to Anthem, Inc., the name people know us by best. As our companies continue to take a more active role in helping people access the right health care and programs, going by a name that people know and trust is important.
Anthem, Inc. is one of the nation's leading health benefits insurer and a Fortune Top 50 company. At Anthem, Inc., we are working to transform health care with trusted and caring solutions and meaningfully advance affordability and better health outcomes for our health plan members. Nearly 69 million people are served by our affiliated companies including more than 37 million enrolled in our family of health plans.
- One in nine Americans receives coverage for their medical care through Anthem's affiliated plans.
- We offer a broad range of medical and specialty products.
Bring your expertise to our innovative, achievement-driven culture, and you will discover lasting rewards and the opportunity to help drive the future of health care.
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America's Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and is a 2014 DiversityInc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our co