The Italian Center of Stamford is currently seeking a qualified Preschool Director with proven ability in program development for our newly renovated and expanded Preschool set to re-open in September 2018.
Innovation and creativity are required for this exciting and challenging position. As the Preschool Director, your responsibilities include managing, planning, directing and coordinating the academic and non-academic activities of the preschool children. You will also supervise and support the teaching staff and maintain compliance with established policies, procedures and state regulations.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to)
- Set educational standards and goals. Develop, organize and implement high quality Pre-School program and curriculum.
- Plan, coordinate and supervise day to day operations of the Pre-School to ensure safety and well- being of children as well as compliance with policies, procedures and regulations.
- Interview, hire and train teaching staff.
- Instruct and train teaching staff in proper methods and procedures, conduct performance evaluations and provide necessary feedback.
- Maintain awareness of new and current regulations regarding Pre-School children, education and operations.
- Prepare and maintain or direct preparation of attendance, activity, planning, accounting and personnel reports and records for state officials and agencies.
- Attend relevant continuing education classes, workshops and seminars in accordance with State of Connecticut guidelines for childhood education professionals, including a yearly seminar on EpiPen training. Ensure all Pre-School staff achieve and maintain required CEU’s.
- Complete and properly maintain all required paperwork and record keeping on a timely basis.
- Various budgetary responsibilities as deemed necessary by Executive Director.
- Develop and encourage positive relationships and communications with parents and students.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education. Must meet all State of Connecticut conditions for Early Childhood educational requirements. Advanced degree or Masters desired.
- Minimum 3-5 years of documented experience as Director or Assistant Director at Early Childhood or Pre-School level. Experience must be with unrelated children of same age(s) and developmental stages that are to be served in this program.
- Thorough knowledge of Connecticut State regulations specific to pre-school children.
- Proven ability to initiate and implement age appropriate programs and curriculum.
- Must pass background check.
- Possess excellent written and verbal skills with ability to communicate effectively with children, parents, staff and visitors.
- Proficiency in computer usage with ability to learn new programs quickly.
Benefits include: Medical/Dental/403(b)