Worth Construction Co., Inc., located in Bethel, CT seeks Estimator for day-to-day office management & estimating of commercial projects. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Organize bid documents, create drawing logs, and upload construction plans and specifications to firm’s FTP site.
- Identify document conflicts and determine ideal strategy for bidding.
- Solicit potential subcontractors, prepare RFP’s and create complete subcontractor bidder’s lists.
- Track and follow up with subcontractors to ensure all documentation is submitted on time and in a neat, organized manner.
- Conduct site visits and attend pre-bid meetings to understand project scope.
- Create detailed quantity take offs.
- Qualify and level subcontractor/vendor bids.
- Clarify bid documents and prepare RFI’s to submit to architects; Follow up with both architects and subcontractors to relay the information as quickly as possible.
- Coordinate and prepare project bids and proposals for submittal to the Owner or Owner's Representative.
- Negotiate and create subcontractor/vendor contracts & material purchase orders based on bid qualification.
- Develop a project schedule with site superintendent and order project materials with attention to lead time and specifications.
- Prepare and track submittals for the architect and / or engineer to verify the correct materials and quantities are installed on the project.
- Monitor ongoing projects for costs, profitability and schedule adherence.
- Effectively document and manage change orders.
- Prepare project closeout packages.
- Education Requirement: Bachelor’s Degree.
- Experience: 10+ years of experience in project management and/or estimating.
- Ability to multi-task and consistently meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to read and thoroughly understand construction plans and specifications (civil, architectural, structural, mechanical, electrical).
- Ability to create and maintain positive relationships with clients, subcontractors, and design professionals.
- Required Computer Skills: Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and Project.
- Excellent communication skills—both written and verbal.
- Ability to problem solve and communicate corrective actions quickly and effectively.
If you meet the requirements set forth above, please submit a resume and cover letter, including salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org