Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Read and interpret engineering drawings, work orders, bills of material, standard operating practices, inspection documents and process control plans.
Select, gather and organize miscellaneous parts, supplies, tools and equipment needed to complete the work.
Cut, burn, drill & tap, grind, etc. as necessary to meet final specifications for part tolerance, aesthetics and general quality expectations.
Fit up and tack welding of cut materials according to standard shop practices in order to meet specified tolerances of finished weldment.
Quality Checks: Verification of assembly dimensions and tolerances to Part Drawing, check for true/square assembly build.
Final GMAW Welding in accordance with engineering drawings, tolerances and specifications, and welding procedures resulting in weldments that meet specifications for squareness, dimensional tolerance, warpage, etc.
Welds checked for integrity, dimensions, tolerance, fit and finish.
Safely rig and move materials and equipment using fork trucks and overhead crane in accordance with company procedures.
Necessary skills and personal attributes:
1. Certified Welder AWS or equivalent senior level welder capable of passing AWS certification.
2. Advanced knowledge of SMAW, GMAW, GTAW welding processes.
3. Intermediate Applied Math Skills: Apply accurate mathematical and arithmetic calculations of whole numbers, decimals and fractions including conversions, addition, subtraction, multiplying, dividing and an understanding of geometric shapes and angles.
4. Advanced Blueprint/Part Drawing reading comprehension skills: Ability to extract and comprehend information from complex drawings and use the data to construct fabrications.
5. Advanced Spatial Reasoning: Orientation skills in two-dimensional and three-dimensional spaces.
6. Safety & Quality Minded: Is diligent to work safely and produce quality products with on-time delivery.
**POSITION IS MONDAY THROUGH THURSDAY 2:00PM-12:30AM
**7.5% SHIFT DIFFERENTIAL IS PAIDCompany Description Pyrotek Inc.?? is a global engineering leader and innovator of performance-improving technical solutions, integrated systems design and consulting services for customers in the aluminium industry. We are also investing and growing rapidly in areas such as glass, acoustic insulation, and advanced materials.
We have global resources and dependable local support in more than 35 countries with over 60 locations. Our products and solutions are in use around the world in automotive, aerospace, rail transportation and high-tech manufacturing.
Privately-owned since 1956, our deep-rooted values of integrity and collaborative problem-solving uphold our mission to improve customer performance.