Fire Systems Sales Manager
Security Specialists is currently hiring for Fire Systems Division Manager position (Connecticut/Westchester County, NY). As a leading electronic safety and security integration provider, we are looking for a self-motivated individual with the ability to drive revenue. Daily Responsibilities would involve marketing, networking, business development, brand enhancement, lead and revenue generation through positive productivity. The division manager would generate interest and meetings with potential clients and/or electrical contractors on the design, layout, sale, implementation, service and/or central station monitoring of one of our state of the art electronic fire systems. Our expectation is for the representative to tailor a high performance solution that meets the client's needs and expectations. The Fire Systems Sales Manager will also be responsible for the recruitment, hiring and training of their division team.
- A minimum of 3 years' previous fire alarm outside sales experience or technical equivalent.
- Must have working knowledge of fire alarm equipment, control panel and devices in compliance with local codes.
- Possess a concentrated network of current fire alarm consultants, electrical contractors, engineers and architecture firms.
- Ability to decipher and work through plans, specification and the bidding process.
- Experience in value engineering a project to meet spec requirements while being effectively competitive in the bidding process.
- Well versed with fire code compliance for CT & NY, NFPA 72 and standard codes/permitting process
- Understand and have experience with recurring revenue business models.
- Excellent communication skills (written/oral).
- Ability to grow a sales territory and build a department from the ground up.
- Proficient with pc's and applications software including AutoCad, Microsoft Office Suite and Internet tools (familiarity with Sedona Office and/or Quotewerks software is a plus).
- Familiar with fire systems reports and operational detail.
- Ability to work independently as well as be a team player.
- Self-motivated with dedicated client service focus and strong desire to succeed.
- Must have and maintain a valid Driver's License and good driving record.
- Experience with P&L Responsibility.
- Must maintain a positive attitude and the ability to build relationships with clients and employees while providing effective solutions.
- Nicet certification is preferred but, we will accept applicants who qualify to become certified and have yet to undergo the certification process. The company will support the applicant during the certification process (with the understanding that obtaining that certification within a set period of time will become a condition of employment).