Security Shift Supervisor
Securitas Security Services USA, Inc., A Global Leader in Security; is currently hiring Security Supervisors in your area. We are currently seeking experienced Security Supervisor Professionals, full-time, days/overnights/weekends in Dobbs Ferry, NY. If you enjoy working in a professional environment, have excellent customer service skills, and are dedicated to doing a great job, this may be the opportunity for you!
1. Controls access to client site or facility through the admittance process; assists visitors with a legitimate need to gain entry to the facility; screens visitors and client employees in an efficient manner in order to expedite their admittance to the site or facility.
2. Provides an atmosphere in which all client employees and visitors know that the client responds to and cares about their needs; provides a courteous, respectful and pleasant interaction with each client employee and visitor as perceived from their point of view; presents a good image of the client and its security department.
3. Communicates in a manner that is open, honest and responsive in all situations; to the extent authorized, provides information regarding the site and surrounding area as requested by visitors.
4. Monitors entrances and exits; acts to prevent unapproved or unlawful entry; controls entrances, the movement of people and vehicles, and parking; operates a gate and examines vehicle contents; monitors remote entrances using closed circuit television; operates remote access devices; in a calm manner directs persons who cause a disturbance to leave the property.
5. Patrols assigned site on foot or in vehicle; checks for unsafe conditions, hazards, unlocked doors, security violations, blocked ingress and egress, mechanical problems, and unauthorized persons; inspects buildings and grounds using appropriate equipment and protective gear.
6. Protects evidence or scene of incident in the event of accidents, emergencies, or security investigations; sets up barriers and signage, and provides direction or information to others.
7. Prepares logs or reports as required for site; writes and/or types reports and/or enters information in a computer using standard grammar; inspects security control logs and takes action as required.
8. Observes and reports incidents or suspicious activity to client representatives, company management, life/safety personnel or public safety authorities as appropriate for the circumstances and/or as required by the site.
9. Responds to incidents of fire, medical emergency, bomb threat, flooding, water discharge, elevator emergency, hazardous materials, inclement weather, and other incidents or conditions following procedures established for the site, by the company, and/or through training or certification.
10. Acts to ensure that all property removal is conducted within appropriate policy requirements and in accord with client standards; identifies client products or materials among items carried by client employees or visitors.
11. Carries out specific tasks and duties of a similar nature and scope as required for the assigned sit
- 21 years of age or older
- Strong attention to detail
- Good written and verbal communications skills
- High School Diploma or GED
- Reliable transportation
- Previous Security Supervisor Experience
- Great customer service
- Ability to handle physical workload
- Willingness to participate in our extensive background investigation process including drug screening
EOE/M/F/Vets/DisabilitiesCompany Description Securitas is the most locally-focused security company in the United States, with over 500 local Branch Managers and more than 88,000 Security Officers who provide unmatched security solutions to meet the specific needs of thousands of businesses. Securitas USA's core business is Security Services. Our main service offering categories are specialized guarding, mobile security services, monitoring, and consulting and investigations.
We hire people from all walks of life with a variety of distinctive skills and perspectives united with a common purpose - "To help protect homes, workplaces and communities by providing the security needed to help protect their assets and safeguard their people." Integrity, Vigilance, and Helpfulness, represented by the three dots on our logo, are qualities our employees are proud to demonstrate daily.
At Securitas USA we believe that the future of our company can only be achieved if we help with the continuity of our people skills. We believe in proper recruitment, extensive training and ongoing coaching. We strive to help our employees develop to their full potential.