Job Purpose: Scheduling & Crew Management, Inventory Management & Receiving, Order supplies for warehouse, Time sheets, Runner
Essential functions of Position - Oversees day to day processes of the warehouse, loading/unloading; uses time effectively; consistently observes company policies, coordinating with sales administration, overseeing vehicle maintenance and rentals, maintain 100% accountability of all inventory using custom iPad based software, identify defective inventory and coordinate with vendors for repair, if necessary; coordinating with container driver & vendor shipping companies to schedule deliveries, barcoding and logging all new shipments, arrange access to WH for deliveries and crew to unload if necessary. Meet clients or stop at their offices to pick up signed checks & contracts, other pick ups as needed when appropriate.
- Safety - approaches work in safe manner; uses protective equipment appropriately; maintains good work safety record and encourages others to do same; notifies management of unsafe conditions/hazards
- Operations, Maintenance, Care of Equipment/ Inventory - Exhibits good work habits; follows operating specifications; maintains work area clean; identifies and reports issues to superiors in a timely manner; ensures other occupants follow safety and cleanliness guidelines
- Planning/Teamwork - works effectively towards building team, focuses on unit goals; is proactive about trying and suggesting improvements; accepts and performs new assignments positively
- Knowledge of Duties - Knows the duties and responsibilities of work performed; recognizes and proactively deals with problems; has general knowledge of related work in other areas
- Policies, Attendance, Punctuality - arrives to work timely, prepared, with clean, neat appearance; follows policies, rules, regulations; avoids unnecessary delays; observes meal periods, breaks, and quitting times; gives appropriate advanced notice for absences and tardiness.
- Assignments - displays interest in assignments; accepts guidance and feedback; requests direction as needed; maintains positive outlook towards assignments; is customer-oriented in performance of assignments
- Customer / Vendor and Interpersonal Relations - exhibits strong customer service and courtesy; deals responsibly with issues and informs superiors; deals professionally with difficult customers; maintains professional interactions with co-workers; trains and guides less experienced personnel
- Will comply with federal, state, and local warehousing, material handling, and shipping requirements by following company policies and procedures; will enforce adherence to requirements by reporting as appropriate; advising management on needed actions.
- Will maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and trainings as required.
- Will exemplify the Company values
Skills/Qualifications: Dependability, Organization, Safety Focus, Inventory Control, Reporting Skills, Equipment Maintenance, Deadline-Oriented Judgment.
Tools and Equipment Used: Motor vehicle; phone; calculator, fax and copy machine; Motorized vehicles for mechanical testing purposes; power and hand tools and equipment; other tools required for minor repairs and routine maintenance of motorized vehicles.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, sit, walk, talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Must be willing and able to submit to a pre-employment physical.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the type of job in a warehouse environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts, vehicles or in outside weather conditions. The employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately noisy.Company Description Meridith Baer Home is the world's premiere home staging company.
Our interior designers transform empty properties into homes that look both luxurious and lived in, enticing buyers with style and sophistication that feels just within their reach.
Meridith Baer Home has been featured on ABC, NBC, CBS, Bravo, CNBC, and The Discovery Channel. We have been featured in New York Times Magazine, Los Angeles Times Magazine, Forbes, Entrepreneur, The Daily Mail UK, Los Angeles Magazine, Wallpaper Magazine, and the Wall Street Journal.
In 2013 HGTV premiered Staged To Perfection, a docuseries following Meridith and our team of designers staging multimillion-dollar homes, bringing the company to international attention. Widely regarded as best in the industry, Houzz named MBH Best in Design 2014 and 2015. Our homes sell 80% faster and for 20% higher prices than un-staged homes. On average, we install 150 properties per month and those sell in less than 30 days.
We maintain 250,000 square feet of warehouse space worldwide overflowing with furniture, artwork, rugs, lighting, plants, and accessories. We also design and manufacture our own signature furniture (please email for more info). With offices in Los Angeles, New York, Miami, and London, we offer staging, luxury furniture leasing, and private interior design.
Your space has a story. Meridith Baer Home brings that story to life.
MBH is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on race, sex, creed, religion, color, sexual orientation, or national origin.