Shipping and Receiving Associate
We’re OperationsInc, a human resources consulting firm located in Norwalk, CT. A client of ours in the manufacturing industry specializing in precious metal and base metal products based in Mount Vernon, NY, is seeking an entry level Shipping/Receiving Associate. In this multi-faceted role your diverse responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
Assist Production Personnel in the following functions.
- Perform international and domestic shipping & receiving functions. Including but not limited to: preparing shipping documentation, conducting inspections, packing the orders, printing out labels and verifying all necessary paperwork, ordering & tracking supplies, carrier relations and shipment tracking.
- Use online carrier websites ( UPS, FEDEX, USPS) to create labels, schedule pickups, complete necessary shipping documentation for domestic and international packages
- Receiving shipments and distributing to appropriate personnel in a timely manner
- Schedule changes on the multiple production floors
- Maintain accurate documentation while making schedule changes
- Scanning documents and saving them to proper location on company network
- Perform accurate inventory transactions including receipts, issues and transfers when required
- Scrap tickets to ensure correct weights are being returned.
- Evaluate, receive and complete work orders in ERP system
- Complete / remove work order operations when required
Qualified candidates will possess:
- High School degree or equivalent
- Computer skills, Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and Outlook are required
- Ideal candidate has some prior experience with shipping
- Positive “can do” attitude
- Candidates must be able to lift packages up to 50lbs
- Strong organizational, record keeping and attention to detail skills
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills for effective communication with all levels of management and staff
- Team player with ability to work independently and take initiative when needed
- Ability to multi-task with attention to details in a precision manufacturing environment
- Prior experience with international shipping is preferred
This is a full time position offering benefits and paid time off.
Qualified candidates can apply via this service. Please provide a cover letter and resume, indicating the position for which you are applying.