The Priceline Group (“The Company”, “The Group”, “Corporate”), one of the world’s largest ecommerce companies with a market cap of ~$90 billion and over $10 billion in revenue, is a provider of travel and restaurant reservation and related services. The Company, through its brands, connects consumers wishing to make travel reservations with providers of travel services across the world.
- Booking.com- The world's leading brand for booking online accommodation reservations, based on room nights booked, with operations worldwide and headquarters in the Netherlands.
- Priceline.com- Offers online travel reservation services primarily in the United States and is headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut.
- KAYAK- Headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, provides an online price comparison service (often referred to as "meta-search") that allows consumers to easily search and compare travel itineraries and prices, including airline ticket, accommodation reservation and rental car reservation information, from hundreds of travel websites at once.
- Agoda.com- A leading online accommodation reservation service catering primarily to consumers in the Asia-Pacific region, with headquarters in Singapore and operations in Bangkok, Thailand and throughout the region.
- Rentalcars.com- A leading worldwide online rental car reservation service headquartered in Manchester, England.
- OpenTable- A leading brand for booking online restaurant reservations headquartered in San Francisco, California.
This position is part of the Priceline Group’s (the “Group”) corporate organization and reports directly to the Director, Consolidations & Reporting. This position serves a critical finance role and will interface with Group and brand personnel at various levels of the company, as well as the internal and external auditors. This role is uniquely positioned to own responsibilities in both the monthly Corporate close (“Group” entity) as well as certain aspects of our consolidation process. Additionally, this individual will prepare statutory reports as well as footnotes for inclusion in our SEC filings.
The role offers many opportunities, including:
- Working in an innovative, progressive organization with true brand recognition
- Being part of a fast-growing and highly profitable public company with both domestic and international operations
- Working closely with corporate and international finance teams (accounting and financial planning and analysis)
- Opportunity to automate, improve and to make major impacts on current operations
- Opportunity to gain public company experience including involvement with SEC reporting and Sarbanes-Oxley 404 compliance
- Possibility for advancement within a dynamic Accounting and Finance Group
The responsibilities for the Senior Accountant will include:
- Perform certain tasks related to the monthly financial close of corporate entity including preparation of recurring and non-recurring monthly journal entries and account reconciliations
- Perform the accounting for the Group’s convertible debt, intercompany, equity, business combinations/purchase accounting, and other corporate activity
- Manage global intercompany consolidation process and ensure the elimination of intercompany balances/activity in the consolidated financial statements, identify, communicate and work with brands to resolve out of balances.
- Manage intercompany CTA/revaluation analysis
- Assist in the preparation of statutory reports for several legal entities
- Complete certain footnotes for inclusion in our SEC filings
- Participation in Sarbanes-Oxley 404 compliance including documentation and testing
- Assist with multi-company and foreign currency translation matters
- Perform ad hoc financial analysis
- Positive attitude and dependable team player willing to “roll up their sleeves” to get the job done
- Strong attention to detail and sense of ownership
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize work load in order to achieve objectives under tight deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, coordinate the efforts of others and work well with people at a wide range of levels
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- 4-year college degree in Accounting; CPA required or working towards CPA
- Minimum of 4 years in industry and/or public accounting or similar work environment
- Big 4 public accounting experience preferred
- Experience with Oracle Financials is preferred
- Experience with Hyperion Financial Management is a plus
Personal Attributes and Values:
- Culture fit: The Priceline Group is energetic, fast-paced and always evolving – whether through acquisition or innovation. This person brings the same energy and enthusiasm to work every day and is always ready to roll up their sleeves and do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Team player: Collaborate and support colleagues and peers across the organization, while still being able to work independently when needed.
- Strong communication skills: Requirement to work with multiple teams at the Company as well as the brand management teams.