Site Manager - Preschool
Family Centers' Early Care and Education program seeks a highly qualified, passionate professional to join our team. The Site Manager oversees the management and coordination of services for two preschool sites (approx. 120 children). He/she is responsible for the day-to-day management and general administration of the classrooms. Plans and participates in activities designed to promote the development in all areas for the children enrolled. Ensures that the classrooms meet all applicable regulations and standards. Essential duties include the following:
Health and Safety: Responsible for the daily operation of the program under the supervision of the Director.
- Maintains and oversees the health and safety of all children in the centers by following all health and safety policies.
- Ensures that sites adhere to all relevant state regulations and record-keeping requirements.
- Ensures appropriate staffing in the classrooms.
- Schedules and runs fire drills.
- Collaborates with Family and Nurse Consultant to ensure that each child’s health needs are met.
- Follows program policies for reporting of child abuse and neglect.
- Ensures all CACFP regulations are adhered to within site and by individual classrooms; including 3 reviews a year daily monitoring and record keeping.
- Oversees the weekly and monthly attendance forms.
- Ensures that educational records, attendance records and other monthly reporting are completed and submitted in a timely manner.
Parent Involvement: Participates in and/or schedules Family Council, Family meetings, and parent conferences.
- Creates a welcoming climate in the classroom for family contributions and communication.
- Interacts positively with family daily.
- Coaches teaching staff with regular feedback on their interactions with family.
Child Development/ECE Education: Models best practice for staff and supervises staff in the use of the curriculum and curriculum planning.
- Helps teachers plan and assess developmentally appropriate activities for children.
- Completes and/or reviews weekly lesson plan forms and provides feedback to all staff.
- Determines educational materials to be purchased.
- In consultation with the director, interfaces with the education community for disability services and transition activities.
- Assists director to review and monitor children’s files to ensure compliance with state licensing requirements and Head Start Performance Standards.
Supervision: Assists Director in documenting teacher and assistants’ job performance and compliance with program policies, standards and goals.
- Encourages staff in their professional development and the pursuit of professional goals.
- Participates in staff meetings, case conferences and parent meetings.
- Oversees program volunteers.
- In conjunction with director, plans for staff training throughout the year.
- Ensures the timely submission of data into data tracking systems.
- Oversees coverage calendar, and use of substitute coverage.
- Approves staff timesheets.
- Documents use of petty cash funds and submits requests to Finance in a timely manner.
Professional Development: Participates fully in all professional development activities.
- Models best practice for all staff.
- Maintains necessary continuing education records.
- Attends meetings and workshops upon request of Director.
Other related duties may be assigned.
Education & Experience Requirements: BA degree in ECE or related field and at least two years experience. Head Start experience preferred. Bilingual ability strongly preferred. Passionate about working with young, curious, developing minds!
Certificates, Licenses: CT Head Teacher Certification or ability to obtain it within 6 months. Provides a negative TB test upon hire and maintains a valid health form (every two years) on site. CPR, First Aid Certification and medication administration certification or ability to obtain them with 1 month.
For more information, please visit http://www.familycenters.org/Early-Care-and-Education
Family Centers is an EOE and offers a competitive salary, paid time off, training, and generous benefits package.