Operations Manager- Wilton, CT
We’re OperationsInc, a human resources consulting firm located in Norwalk, CT. A client of ours, Tauck, a prestigious, award winning, premium-quality guided travel organization, is seeking an Operations Manager for their dynamic organization. We have been retained to assist them in their efforts to secure the most qualified candidate.
ABOUT Tauck: Celebrating its 92nd anniversary in 2017 and committed to the belief that “How You See The World Matters,” family-owned and operated Tauck is the world leader in premium-quality guided travel. The company offers more than 100 distinctive, enriching and all-inclusive land journeys, ocean cruises, river cruises, Tauck Bridges family adventures, unique Tauck events and immersive Culturious trips for “culturally curious” boomer-age travelers.
Responsible for managing, maintaining and communicating all day-to-day operating needs for a collection of Tauck Journeys to Product Managers, Tauck Directors, Suppliers, Reservations and Guests. Ensure timely, accurate and effective delivery of all appropriate information and supplies that support the sale of products and services to the field. Develop, prepare and communicate all necessary information and supplies needed by the Tauck Directors for the successful delivery of high quality tours. Build and maintain effective supplier relationships and arrange/lead pre-con meetings and training trips for tour start up and new tours. Resolve on-tour operational issues and support any and all crisis management needs in region, including after hours, weekends and remaining available 24/7. Training new staff on processes and systems.
- Manage and maintain the day-to-day operating needs of the tour experience including, execution of all operational elements of the Open for Sale process to sell the product ( Athena, Day-by-Day, “Before You Go”, PDocs, Transfers); entering prices (including pre/post and join/leave), building and maintaining cabin inventory. Review cross departmental PDocs info and test outsourced system for successful content transmission
- Create all tour director documents and collaterals. Arrange and facilitate season start-up teleconferences. Communicate operational changes throughout the season and resolve day to day operational issues with TDs and suppliers
- Maintain effective systems for tour operations that include: create inventory, manage added dates, update hotel and supplier screens, update costs post contracting, maintain exception screens, cross sell screens and final pricing sheets
- Support the delivery of appropriate information to internal constituents to support post operations activities including financial adjustments (join/leave, operating changes, etc.)
- Ensure accurate and timely supplier communications occur including manifests, reconfirmation, sales updates and status updates
- Meets or exceeds customer satisfaction goals. Support PM’s in responding to customer letters and feedback in a timely manner. Take the lead on this when PM is out of the office
- Review, revise and edit brochure copy for assigned tour products, in strict accordance with required publication and distribution deadlines
- Follow up on supplier contracts, system updates, distribution and supplier fulfillment for all assigned products/ region including, but not limited to, initial requests and any subsequent changes
- Assist the Product Manager in the procurement or release of inventory in regards to operational deviations and crisis management. Take the lead on this when PM is out of the office
- Assist in the administration of post tour communications including resolution and response of Tauck Director and supplier comments, guest comment cards, letters and telephone calls as directed. Take the lead on this when PM is out of the office, including financial transactions
- Partake in weekend duty management rotation and necessary follow-up for crisis management issues
- BA degree in business or related field and/or two to four years of related experience.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills to communicate the Tauck brand.
- Hospitality experience necessary.
- Event planning experience helpful.
- PC and Microsoft Office skills including Word, Excel spreadsheet, Power point and database management.
- Capacity to interact and contribute effectively with others in a team-based atmosphere.
- Ability to organize and manage simultaneous projects with a strong attention to timeliness and detail.
Qualified candidates can respond to this ad via this service. Please provide us with a cover letter and resume, indicating the position for which you are applying + your compensation history/requirements.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Our client is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/H/V