Supply Chain Intern-Direct Wines- Norwalk, CT
We’re OperationsInc, a human resources consulting firm located in Norwalk, CT. A client of ours, Direct Wines, an industry-leading Direct Marketing company running wine clubs for premium brands including The Wall Street Journal, Virgin and National Geographic, is seeking a Supply Chain Intern to add to their dynamic organization. We have been retained to assist them in their efforts to secure the most qualified candidate.
Direct Wines seeks an INTERN in their supply chain department. This would be a long term temp assignment, but would potentially be eligible for medical benefits and to participate in the company’s 401k (depending on length of assignment). We are looking for a college student interested in supply chain/logistics. The right candidate MUST HAVE excellent analytical and quantitative abilities; a high level of attention to detail, accuracy and quality; must be a team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills; a strong willingness to learn; strong aptitude for process thinking, data research and data analysis. This individual must have strong computer skills with proficiency in MS Excel & Access. Project Management skills are a plus! The hours/days are flexible – 3 full days or 5 half days per week.
The intern will assist with all activities relating to Supply Chain functions. Including collecting and analyzing data and trends, analyzing forecast variances, tracking supplier performance via reporting and quality metrics, manufacturing quality controls and interfacing with third party suppliers. Some duties will include:
- Work directly with the Operations team to monitor systems, processes and procedure
- Prepare weekly and monthly operational SLA’s, KPIs and various activity and productivity tracking reports and analyze to ensure the process functions correctly, this includes identifying and communicating corrective actions to Supply Chain team members
- Read data from reports and provide Operations with clear visibility to challenges
- Assist with certain aspects of the month-end close related to all operational cost areas
- Track operational expenses vs. plan and prepare variance analysis
- Prepare ad hoc reconciliations and data analysis
- Help identify and eliminate waste in the Supply Chain
- Report to organization quality and business service level achievements
Qualified candidates can respond to this ad via this service. Please provide us with a cover letter and resume, indicating the position for which you are applying + your compensation history/requirements.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Our client is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/H/V