King Industries, Inc. has an exciting position within our production department. In this role, you will process and prep all samples, assist in our manufacturing process of packaging our products in pre-sized drums/pails, and assist in organizing inventory to facilitate a first in first out system. As a warehouse operator at King Industries, you will be part of the company’s production department which already has a staff of over 50 employees.
- Basic arithmetic (addition, subtraction and multiplication).
- Ability to read and respond to written instructions.
- Basic computer skills.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with the process of samples prep, packaging, and shipping.
- Assist with the drumming operation of filling 55 gallon drums, and 15 gallon pals to pre-specified amount weight in pounds.
- Assist in preparation of packages for next day’s shipment.
- Label and stencil containers with shipment labels.
- Palletize shipments as required.
- Stretch wrap and/or strap pallets of product.
- Record Lot numbers and container numbers with shipment.
- Organize inventory to facilitate a first in first out system.
- Ability to operate to operate a forklift
- Store new product brought over from production building.
- Participates in Company wide effort to promote quality assurance in compliance with ISO 9001, ISO 14001 & OHSA 18001.
- Maintain a general knowledge of ISO 9001, ISO 14001 & OHSA 18001 requirements.
About the Company-
For over 80 years, King Industries has been supplying specialty chemical producers to a variety of industries that are performance driven with ever changing needs. The product portfolio includes catalysts, rust and corrosion inhibitors, dispersants, rheology modifiers, surface control additives, synthetic base oils and base oil modifiers, and specialty additives for lubricant oils. Located in Norwalk, Connecticut, King Industries offers competitive salaries and benefits, including 401(k).
- Competitive Pay + Overtime availability
- Steady work & growth Potential
- Preventative based medical coverage
- Dental benefits
- Two weeks paid vacation (after six months of employment). Three weeks paid after five years.
- 11 Paid Holidays
- On-site company gym