Lean/Continuous Improvement Manufacturing Engineer
Overview: This position is a combination of Lean and Manufacturing project engineering. Improvement projects include, but are not limited to, changeover reduction, batch cycle time improvement, waste reduction, and constraint improvement. General Engineering projects include generation of machinery specifications, development of project proposals, supervision of contractors and internal personnel in the execution of projects, and management of project finances, to ensure that project deliverables are met on time and within budget. This position has the potential to grow, and is an excellent opportunity for a people-oriented engineer. Essential Job Functions:
- Complies with cGMP requirements
- Generates project proposals
- Manages all phases of assigned projects including spending control, fund tracking, and close-out.
- Generates machinery specifications for major purchases
- Coordinates project work with Production & Scheduling departments
- Follows applicable Safety, GMP, FDA Codes and / or Guidelines, as they pertain each individual project
- Provides technical assistance and training, as needed.
- Exhibits knowledge of production, batching, and support equipment and processes throughout the plants
- Leads Kaizen events and trains future lean SME's/Facilitators
- Bachelor degree (or higher) required in area of discipline Mechanical, Industrial, or Chemical Engineering preferred
- At least 5 years experience in an Engineering or operations role in manufacturing
- Familiarity with liquid fill operations a plus
- Must be very flexible, able to work on multiple projects at one, and switch priorities with little advance notice
- Experience d in AutoCAD, familiar with P&IDs, PFD's
- Formal Certification /education and demonstrated experience leading Lean Manufacturing initiatives required - Six Sigma is a plus
- Packaging process knowledge preferred
Checkout KIK Custom Manufacturing Division's Website for more info on KCM!
KIK is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration in your area of interest.