**Seasonal Holiday Retail Sales - Fragrance Specialist** Part Time: Ma
The Seasonal Sales Fragrance Specialist is responsible for providing outstanding customer service, meeting personal sales and Star Rewards goals on a personal and departmental basis, demonstrating superior product knowledge to customers, and creating a shopping experience that will make the customer feel welcome and comfortable. Additionally, the Fragrance Specialist is responsible for becoming an expert on fragrances as well as developing and impacting sales through the growth and implementation of the preferred customer list. Performs other duties as assigned.
The summary below may not include all the essential functions and qualifications for this position. For more information, we encourage you to review the complete job description by clicking here.
In order to present our customers with the best holiday shopping experience, many of our Seasonal Sales Fragrance Specialists arrive prior to store opening and remain after closing to ensure we are ready to make Macy's magic. Seasonal associates will have the opportunity to work a flexible schedule on a temporary basis, which may include early mornings, evenings, weekends and busy events such as the day after Thanksgiving and the day after Christmas. And don't forget - just in time for holiday shopping, you will receive an employee discount of up to 20% starting your first day!
* Assist customers in all aspects of service fulfillment by demonstrating proficient use of proprietary devices and applications; proactively create enhanced shopping experiences through the heightened use of tools, technology and collaboration
* Explain and demonstrate use of cosmetics through actual application
* Be knowledgeable of and perform sales support functions related to POS procedures
* Alert Fragrance Counter Manager or GSM of Cosmetics and Fragrances of inventory and other inaccuracies
* Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
* High School degree or equivalent.
* Previous selling experience is required, preferably in fragrances.
* Ability to read, write, and interpret labels including warnings and ingredient lists on products.
* Ability to effectively communicate with customers, peers, and management.
* Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
* Able to use a calculator. Must be able to calculate percentages and ratios.
* Must be able to make change using American monetary units.
* Superior organizational and time management skills.
* Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment during constant periods of high volume.
* Must be able to build relationships and influence others.
* Must possess a thirst for knowledge.
* Must be flexible in regards to hours worked
* Ability to work a flexible schedule, including mornings, evenings, and weekends, and busy events such as the day after Thanksgiving, special Big Event days, and the day after Christmas, based on department and store/company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy's, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.