Lex Products’ has an opportunity for a Junior Accountant who is ready to become an integral part of a friendly, team-based Department. Working out of our Shelton, CT corporate office, the successful applicant will demonstrate their current accounting acumen while further developing their career.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily including the following:
- Prepare and record month-end journal entries.
- Prepare balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Reconcile intercompany balances with subsidiaries.
- Prepare daily sales and weekly inventory reports.
- Prepare monthly/quarterly Sales & Use tax returns.
- Assist with recording credit card transactions.
- Assist the budget process by running modeling techniques and entering dollar amounts into the ERP system.
- Prepare work papers for year-end audit.
- Maintain and adapt accounting internal controls.
- Generate and provide accounting reports and information to coworkers and auditors.
- Update MS Excel file reports including those needed for budgets, financial forecasts, and inventory control.
- Help resolve data variances in the job costing system and make appropriate corrections.
- Update and maintain labor and overhead rates in the ERP system.
- Monitor job closing records to clear up old data in inventory accounts.
- Assist in analyzing operating variances vs. budgeted amounts; report and resolve discrepancies.
- Interact with A/P and A/R so that all can effectively complete their work.
- Assist with special accounting projects as needed.
- Perform other duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Requirements:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting is required.
- CPA, or desire to obtain CPA preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years general accounting experience.
- A strong math aptitude.
- Strong knowledge of ERP systems and US GAAP required.
- Proficiency in MS Excel, including Pivot Tables and V Lookup formulas.
- Proficiency in MS Word, and MS Office.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and organization skills.
- The ability to maintain and keep confidential information.
- Strong desire for continuously improving department processes/procedures/efficiencies and month/year end closing periods.
- Strong attention to accuracy and detail.
- A diligence and persistence when working with financial records and resolving data discrepancies.
- Experience with government contract accounting procedures is a plus.
- An ability to juggle multiple work assignments and meet individual deadlines.
- Ability to work in a team as well as autonomously.
- Ability to maintain a good attendance record in order to complete projects on time and attend planned and spontaneous meetings.
- A comfort level in working in a dynamic fast-paced environment.
- Prior hands on experience working with budgets, is preferred.
Lex Products is a leading North American manufacturer of innovative power distribution and lighting solutions for demanding markets. Founded in 1989, the company specializes in products designed to withstand rough use and harsh environments. Headquartered in Connecticut, the company also has offices in California, Florida, and Scotland. To learn more about Lex Products visit our web site at www.lexproducts.com.
Along with an attractive compensation structure Lex offers a complete benefits package including health insurance, 401(k) match and bonus programs.
Lex Products is an Drug Free / Equal Opportunity Employer
Reasonable accommodations may be made to assist individuals with disabilities who can perform the position’s essential job functions