Regulatory Reporting Associate
What is the opportunity?
The Regulatory Reporting Associate will assist with all aspects of regulatory reporting for RBC Capital Markets Arbitrage S.A. (CMA), RBC Capital Markets LLC (CM LLC) and RBC Global Asset Management (GAM)
What will you do?
- Assist in the development, enhancement and maintenance of the regulatory control framework for daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reporting functions
- Learn and take ownership of the various daily and weekly processes such as: daily Net Capital computation, Commodity Futures Trading Commission Seg and Secured reporting, weekly 15c3-3 Customer and PAB Reserve Computation and various FRB Reports - TIC and FR 2004
- Assist with all aspects of the CM LLC & CMA FOCUS Report, ie Securities Haircuts, and other Capital Charges
- Proactively identify areas for improvement and automation to reduce operational risks and enhance the control environment
- Review and comply with Firm Policies applicable to your business activities and escalate operational risks and control deficiencies that you identify to your line manager
What do you need to succeed?
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- Strong Financial and/or Regulatory reporting skills
- Excellent PC skills, including proficiency in Excel
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Knowledgeable of US broker dealer rules
- Excellent organizational skills for managing multiple and competing priorities
- Intellecutal curiosity and strong desire to learn regulatory reporting
What's in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
Royal Bank of Canada is Canada's largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.
City: New York
Work Hours/Week: 40+
Work Environment: Office
Employment Type: Regular - U.S.
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Salary + Variable Bonus
Required Travel (%): 0-25
People Manager: No
Application Deadline: 09/30/2016
Req ID: 118259
Posting Notes: None