Production Generalist (Inserter Operator) - 3rd Shift
This position requires that the incumbent be a key contributor to production in a high-speed, fast-paced environment. This group specializes in the printing and inserting of checks for online banking customers. Security, quality, and efficiency are critical elements that are required.
Output Solutions at Fiserv delivers business-critical communications to financial institutions, health and property/casualty insurance providers, billers, retailers, travel and entertainment companies and advertising agencies nationwide. With solutions including transactional document production and delivery, card manufacturing and personalization and direct marketing services, we help our clients streamline operations to contain costs, while building customer loyalty and generating incremental revenue.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
1. Perform basic and detailed machining and assembly tasks to operate at least one machine and/or perform many manual / assembly duties.
2. Perform repetitious and previously performed work with limited supervisory and technical assistance. Assistance may be needed for other work.
3. Multi-tasking that requires focused concentration is expected to be learned - must be willing to cross train.
4. Utilizes basic skills and experience background to perform machining and manual tasks.
5. Process transactions necessary for work situations that requires very good working PC user know-how.
6. Improvising sometimes is necessary to solve work problems to maintain work schedules.
7. As necessary, Supervisor and/or Production Coordinator may assign to assist and help others with work.
8. Work from verbal or written instructions, work specifications, routing sheets, etc.; uses basic math ---- all in English.
9. Perform minor maintenance and work with others to provide assistance with major maintenance projects when assigned.
10. May utilize and/or operate material moving equipment, carts, etc. and use some production tools including hand tools and precision devices.
11. When assigned perform duties and tasks outside department and job to the best of individual skill and ability.
12. Work mandatory overtime as work schedules require, especially in peak-volume periods.
13. Comply with general work rules -- responsible for quality of own work, housekeeping of own work area, and to work safely.
Physical Requirements: Work requires incumbent to be mobile and able to stand for long periods of time / walking position with ability to lift up to 50 lbs regularly. Uses hands to handle, finger, or feel objects and to perform keyboarding. Also uses hands and arms to reach and grab objects. Sometimes it is necessary to climb, stretch, crouch or kneel. Successful performance requires good vision abilities including close vision.
Good Communication skills (verbal and written) to communicate with the receiving warehouse team, along with external and internal customer
Performs other duties as required
The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature of the job, and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities.
- Generally high school vocational orientated background or related education is preferred, and typically,
Job Related Experience:
- Generally high school vocational orientated background or related education is preferred, and typically, 3 months to 3 years of fast pace, high volume production experience or similar background or equivalent combination of education and experience is needed to successfully perform job requirements. Time classified in the specific job classifications does not automatically qualify an individual. In addition to the time guidelines, an individual must meet all other job requirements and a company approved job opening must exist.
Previous Mail Inserting Machine Experience is REQUIRED.
Going Up? Today's shifting demands require a partner who shares your goals with the proven expertise to help you reach them. For more than 16,000 clients worldwide, Fiserv is transforming the way financial services are delivered to ensure business growth. With Fiserv, you have the power to go places. The power within. Fiserv Technology Makes the Difference
Through thousands of partnerships with clients worldwide and hundreds of solutions, Fiserv touches almost every part of financial services - online & mobile banking, account processing, e-payments, lending, wealth management...our technology makes the difference in every interaction. Fiserv Technology: Consumer Reach and Scale
Fiserv technology simplifies financial transactions. We enable 120 million deposit accounts, 60 million online banking users, and 23 million active bill payment users, making financial transactions easy to allow people to focus on the things that really matter: planning, living and prospering.