Interview Skills Basics:
The Do’s and Don’ts of Candidate Assessment
WHEN: Wednesday, September 14, 2016 @ 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
WHO: Employers involved in the hiring process
With all we have on our plates these days, nothing is more critical than the interviewing process when considering new hires. We try to pack such a critical function into the span of an hour or even less, all with the goal of using that limited time to decide if the person in front of us will be a successful new addition to our team. Performing this function with a plan, an understanding of what questions to ask and not to ask, and how to interpret the responses are paramount. So how do you pull this off?
Spend an hour with us and we’ll teach you some tricks and techniques.
In this fast moving and highly informational webinar, we will cover in concise, simple terms:
- Setting Interviewing Goals/A Plan – Mapping out the interviewers, what you want to learn, who asks what, etc.
- Defining the Fit – Determining what characteristics you are seeking that will best suit your needs.
- Questions to Ask – Ways to secure the information you need to determine how well the candidate will fit in your organization.
- Interpreting the Responses – What to take away from the candidate’s answers to your question—the obvious and the subtle.
- What to Share and When to Share It – Plotting out what to discuss during the interview with the goal of getting the most honest and forthright responses.
- Legal Do’s and Don’ts – How to ask about key issues without crossing the line or violating labor laws.
- Dealing with the Weak Candidate – Best practices for navigating through the interview with the candidate you immediately know you will never hire.
- Testing and Assessing – How to best determine if the candidate is a good actor or a genuine rock star.