We are currently hiring for a Payroll Specialist to join our team at our corporate office in Manhattan. Reporting directly to the Director of Payroll, the Payroll Specialist will be part of our team working to ensure that all Fedcap employees are paid correctly and in accordance with our policies.
* Ensures bi-weekly payrolls are processed in a timely and accurate manner with ADP EV5 & Time Saver software.
* Develop reports, and reporting schedules to ensure timely distribution as needed for senior management team.
* Check time sheets utilizing an electronic time and attendance software (Timesaver) product for compliance with policy, state and regulatory requirements.
* Ensure that all changes to payroll are processed correctly in ADP.
* Maintain accurate payroll records and employee files, including manual check log and reconciliation of payroll.
* Review and audit master file and pay data entries.
* Respond to employee inquiries and requests regarding payroll matters.
* Process manual checks as requested.
* Handle all garnishments.
* Perform other duties and special projects as requested by management.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Business or Accounting
* 3-5 years of experience in accounting and payroll operations managing multi-state payroll.
* Must be experienced with ADP EV5 software.
* Familiarity with a timekeeping required such as Timesaver & ETime.
*Experience with Oracle software preferred
* Proficient in MS Office Suite, especially Word and Excel.
*An equivalent combination of related education and experienceCompany Description Fedcap Rehabilitation Services is a New York based non profit, currently operating in 8 different states, that has been working for over 80 years to create opportunities for people with barriers to economic well-being.
Each year, Fedcap offers an array of services through its four practice areas Education, Workforce Development, Occupational Health, and Economic Development helping more than 100,000 individuals graduate from high school, obtain vocational certification or a college degree, become work ready, obtain meaningful employment and achieve economic well-being.