The MRB engineer evaluates areas of non-conformance with regard to defects arising during the manufacturing process and as compared to the product definition requirements as defined by the part print. Their role is to evaluate and provide a course of action with regard to the ultimate disposition of the part. For example, it may be used "as-is" with no corrective action, reworked to a condition that is acceptable for use, repaired, or scrapped.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Perform engineering analysis of discrepant machined parts manufactured in an aerospace manufacturing facility.
• Analyze variations to part print specifications which effect part form, fit, and function. This analysis will include performing tolerance stacks, metallurgical, NDT, and heat transfer analysis.
• Author and maintain Technical Analysis Reports associated with the disposition of discrepant parts.
• Capture and document root cause analysis for verified discrepancies.
• Work with suppliers to identify and implement rework and manufacturing process changes.
• BS degree in Manufacturing, Mechanical, or Aerospace Engineering.
• Minimum of 5 years of relatable design and manufacturing experience required.
• Able to work in a fast-paced, learning environment to meet quick deadlines.
• Experience working with Operations/Process documents, procedures, and records required.
• Ability to read-interpret CAD based tooling, component, assembly drawings required.
• Understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance (GD&T), and Statistical Process Control required.
• Strong familiarity with high-end manufacturing equipment and processes (i.e. castings, metal cutting, turning, coatings, milling, EDM, welding, sheet metal/ composite forming and joining, metal tube bending, castings, metal cutting, turning, coatings, milling, EDM, welding).
• Knowledge of manufacturing support processes and systems (i.e. inspection, gauging, data collection, records & reporting, first article approvals).
• Experience with customer/supplier interaction preferred.
• Proficiency of the MS Office Suite with good writing skills
Integrity - Work honestly, every day.
People - Develop and deliver diverse talent
Customer Focus - Anticipate priorities & exceed their expectations
Respect - Value all customers and collaborate with one another
Performance - Be accountable, manage risks and deliver a high level of quality.