Gallery Host/Front Desk Agent
REPORTS TO: Lead Gallery Hosts
SUPERVISES DIRECTLY: N/A
Purpose for the Position: To assume full responsibility for creating an experience for hotel guests by offering them a larger than home experience with welcoming, helpful and exceptional service, while maintaining a clean, comfortable and inviting environment. Being aware and attentive to guest's needs throughout the hotel Gallery.
- Greet, register, and assign rooms to guests of the hotel.
- Verify customers' credit, and establish payment method.
- Assist guests with check in and check out processes (verifying registration, address, and credit information, balancing bank, posting charges).
- Go above and beyond to provide assistance, assist with luggage, coffee, directions, wake up calls, future reservations, etc.
- Coordinate all guest requests, inform guests of hotel services, features, and room amenities.
- Prepare, set up, stock, take down, clean, and provide quality beverages and food products consistently for all guests by adhering to all recipe and presentation standards.
- Make and confirm reservations.
- Compute bills, collect payments, and make change for guests.
- Must be able to receive information on all hotel facilities, including the service offered by the hotel.
- Gallery Hosts must be able to provide directions to local businesses, places of interest, major highways, airports, restaurants, churches, etc.
- Answer hotel phone and handle guest requests and inquiries.
- Transmit and receive messages, using telephones or PMS system.
- Perform bookkeeping activities, such as balancing accounts.
- Coffee to Cocktails Bar and 24/7 Gallery Market.
- Attend to Caf?? Seating Areas, Gallery Kitchen, and Assembly Kitchen.
- Prepare food amenities.
- Clean and maintain kitchen and dining room facilities.
- Inventory control of Gallery Host Stand supplies and kitchen supplies.
- Create conversations and share a moment thereby making a real connection with our guests.
- Practice safe work habits and use required safety equipment.
- Be aware of guest satisfaction scores and work toward increasing departmental and overall guest satisfaction.
- Adhere to Hyatt Brand Standards.
- Perform other duties as requested by management
Physical Demands: Lifting 35 lbs. maximum and occasionally lifting and/or carrying such articles as luggage. Walking and standing are required. Reaching, handling, feeling, talking, hearing, and seeing.
Environmental Conditions: Inside: Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes. A job is considered "inside" if the worker spends approximately 75' or more of the time inside.
Requires mathematical development sufficient to be able to:
Deal with system of real numbers; algebraic solution of equations; and probability and statistical inference. Apply fractions, percentages, ratio and proportion.
Must have developed language skills. Write business letters, summaries and reports using prescribed format and conforming to all rules of punctuation, grammar, diction and style. Participate in discussions and debates.
Relationships To Data, People And Things
Data: Compiling: Gathering, collating, or classifying information about data, people or things. Reporting and/or carrying out a prescribed action in relation to the information is frequently involved.
People: Speaking-Signaling: Talking with and/or signaling people to convey or exchange information. Includes giving assignments and or directions to helpers or assistants.
Things: Operating-Controlling: Starting, stopping, controlling and adjusting the progress of machines or equipment. Operating machines involves setting up and adjusting the machine or materials as the work progresses. Controlling involves observing and turning devices to regulate reactions of materials.
Specific Vocational Preparation: Proficiency in Microsoft Office Professional with an emphasis on Word, PowerPoint and Excel to format and create professional documents to be used and distributed on the executive level. Candidate must have strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize duties to complete within required deadlines. Creativity to accomplish required tasks, such as documents being appealing to the eye, to find and research various information needed to complete and compile reports.
To Do This Kind Of Work, You Must Be Able To
- Available to work any shift and any days - schedule flexibility.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Dynamic, engaging and passionate personality with the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work well with other associates.
- Maintain brand standards.
- Be an outgoing, welcoming personality for the Hotel.
- Speak and write clearly and accurately.
- Complete all assigned tasks, reports, projects etc. in a professional manner and on an on-time basis.
To Succeed With This Kind Of Work, You Must Be Able To
- Work well in a TEAM environment, including being open to learning new tasks and contributing to the success of the hotel.