Lead Ultrasound Tech
Lead Ultrasound Tech
Monday - Friday 8am - 4pm
The Lead Ultrasound Technologist of the Radiology Department is under the direct supervision of the Chief of Outpatient Imaging. She/he will assist in the planning, direction, coordination and control of activities pertaining to their specific modality. The Lead technologist will also assist the Chief in developing and implementing departmental objectives, goals, and staff development.
Major Accountabilities/Critical Responsibilities
- Manages and coordinates daily staff responsibilities and schedules.
- Mentor and train staff to ensure the highest quality performance.
- Performs quality assurance checks on equipment and procedure areas.
- Develop and maintain modality protocols in collaboration with Radiology Chair.
- Performs procedure audits for quality improvement analysis by initiating and Maintaining QA initiatives (Peer Review and Repeat Reject Analysis).
- Properly identifies and explains procedure to patient.
- Prepares/positions patient for procedure.
- Instructs students and residents and performs preceptor duties as needed.
- Coordinates Preventative Maintenance (PM) for modality units.
- Ensures proper safety standards are met.
- Maintains Accreditation - all facets of new and re-accreditation.
- Assists in maintaining supply inventory.
- Participates in on-going service and process improvement efforts.
- Communicates appropriately using good interpersonal skills.
- Use Kronos Workforce to track time and attendance transactions, as well as scheduling and managing employee absences, and report any trends to Chief.
- Track Incomplete Procedures on a daily basis by performing daily audits of custom reports ensuring that each examination performed receives a finalized report within an acceptable time range.
- Assists Chief in compiling Performance Management Process (PMP's) and recognize where Performance Improvement Initiatives would be beneficial.
- Troubleshoot any issues (technical, clinical and administrative) and appropriately handle these issues in a timely manner.
- Maintains appropriate licensure and registration requirements for your individual staff members as required by the JC, and DPH.
- Unite with other Lead Staff in joining membership in Department Committees.
- Assisting Manager in identifying capital wish list items and equipment needs.
- Conducting department specific monthly staff meetings to update His/her team on departmental changes and upcoming projects.
- Assist Chief with statistical reports and projects as delegated by Chief.
Graduate from a formal Radiologic Technology Training Program approved by the American Medical Association; is certified by American Registry of Radiological Technologists (ARRT), licensed in State of Connecticut as Radiological Technologist. Two years of experience as a Radiological Technologist. CPR certified and Advanced Certification eligible.
Company Description K.A. Recruiting, Inc. is a premier healthcare recruiting firm based in downtown Boston. We work with hundreds of hospitals and healthcare facilities across the country. We specialize in the recruitment and placement of laboratory professionals, imaging professionals, rehabilitation professionals, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, nurse leaders, nurses, physicians, and healthcare IT professionals.
To check out all of our jobs, please visit jobs.ka-recruiting.com!! Sign up for a customized job search.