Assistant Fashion Designer
ALL APPLICANTS MUST SUBMIT VIA THIS LINK only:
DESIGNERS MUST SUBMIT THEIR PORTFOLIO, APPLICATIONS WITHOUT A PORTFOLIO WILL NOT BE IN CONSIDERATION.
We are seeking a highly motivated, friendly, and committed candidate that will bring a fresh perspective to our already-established brand while maintaining the integrity of what our line stands for. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Assistant Fashion Designer will help designers to interpret the trend direction into brand appropriate silhouettes and to learn the design process through working with Design and Product Development teams.
- Assists designer in creating original concepts that encompass style, color, and print to ensure customer focused offerings that meet fashion and quality requirements consistent with brand profile
- Provide ongoing array of relevant design options that ensure brand integrity by researching and recommending trims, styles, prints, stitching, colors etc.
- Develop an expert knowledge regarding women's apparel by researching current trends and styles through research online and in the marketplace.
- Support Design and Marketing teams by maintaining sample check lists, sketch boards, shared electronic files, tech packs, graphic designs, fashion shows, etc.
- Ensures adherence to the Seasonal Time and Action calendar.
The ideal candidate should have:
-Education: Bachelor's Degree in Fashion Design or Fine Arts.
- Experience: 1+ years related experience in the apparel industry
- Must be proficient in Photoshop and Illustrator, MS office
- High taste level, design and color sense
- Highly organized and detail-oriented; superior verbal communication
When working for Ming Wang, you'll enjoy a family environment with your colleagues and a
friendly ambiance provided by our valued customers. You'll also be a part of a team that is committed to supporting your career goals.
ALL DESIGNERS MUST SUBMIT THEIR PORTFOLIO. DESIGNERS WILL NOT BE IN CONSIDERATION WITHOUT A PORTFOLIO
Company Description MING WANG participates in E-Verify.
For the past 30 years MING WANG has offered high-end knit apparel through various product lines catering to the sophisticated woman. Looking to redefine a woman's relationship with her wardrobe, MING WANG aims to offer timeless styles and high quality products, all while providing impeccable service to each of our clients. A family-owned and operated enterprise, MING WANG has achieved significant growth in recent years and looks to aggressively build on that success. Current retail relationships include Von Maur, Dillard's, Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus and approximately 250 specialty boutiques across the United States.