Software Engineer III, Consumer Data Platforms
Towne & Locke is seeking an experienced Software Engineer III, Consumer Data Platforms to join our client's growing team in Bristol, CT. This position offers $110,000 - $130,000+ per year plus insurance benefits, 401K, paid time off etc.
You would be exposed to all phases of software development and architecture and would have the opportunity to work on our real-time end to end data processing pipeline, persistence, storage and API's (which handle millions of transactions every day and store hundreds of terabytes of data). This is a chance to work with the newest cloud based data technologies to solve scalability and high availability challenges within a motivated, fast growing team. This is a critical role that will have a significant impact on the direction of our product, technology and business.
We are looking for someone who???
- Has the curiosity to research and learn new technologies and skills and recommend technical direction
- Employs positive thinking and is able to work constructively in a team setting
- Is passionate about data engineering, big data and related technologies
- Build software across our entire cutting-edge data platform, including data processing, storage, and serving large-scale web APIs, with awesome cutting-edge technologies. We operate in real-time with high-availability
- Innovate and inspire - Think of new ways to help make our data platform more scalable, resilient and reliable and then work across our team to put your ideas into action
- Have pride - Ensure performance isn't our weakness by implementing and refining robust data processing, REST services, RPC (in an out of HTTP), and caching technologies
- Grow with us - Help us stay ahead of the curve by working closely with data architects, stream processing specialists, API developers, our DevOps team, and analysts to design systems which can scale elastically in ways which make other groups jealous
- 4+ years of experience developing with a mix of languages (Java, Scala, Bash, etc.) and frameworks to implement data ingest, processing, and serving technologies. Experience with real-time and very large scalable online systems are preferred
- Data and API - Knowledgeable with No-SQL systems such as HBase, MongoDB, or Cassandra; Understand reactive programming such as ReactiveX/RxJava and dependency injection such as Spring to develop REST services. Know and can performance tune ANSI SQL like the back of your hand
- Have a technology toolbox - Hands on experience with newer technologies relevant to the data space such as EMR, Kafka, Hive, Chef. You'll have some experience with developing in a cloud native environment.
- Problem solver - Enjoy new and meaningful technology or business challenges which require you to think and respond quickly
- Passion and creativity - Are passionate about data, technology, & creative innovation
- Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS, linode, Azure, Heroku, or OpenStack.
- Experience with Chef, puppet and/or jenkins
- Experience with Apache Kafka, kinesis, or Google Pub/Sub
- Proficiency with agile development methodologies.Proficiency with linux/unix based systems.
- BS Computer Science or related technical discipline or its equivalent.