Valet Attendant- Yale New Haven Health
The Valet Attendant is responsible for providing exceptional hospitality services to guests in an attentive, friendly and efficient manner. The Valet Attendant is responsible for parking and retrieving guest vehicles in a prompt yet safe manner and assisting guests with luggage, including delivery and pick up of guest luggage (where applicable) during arrival and departure.
- Maintains pleasant, friendly and professional demeanor with all guests, co-workers, and clients
- Acknowledges and greets guests within five feet with a professional and friendly demeanor
- Uses guest last names during interactions
- Uses salutation of the day and welcomes guests to the location
- Practices proper phone etiquette
- Posts up in designated areas when not completing tasks
- Runs at top speed to park and retrieve vehicles and drives slowly and cautiously
- Assists guests with bell services and luggage storage as needed
- Opens all vehicle and hotel doors for guests
- Assists guests with directions, taxis, reservations and other inquiries
- Provides guests with information about outlets, meeting rooms and/or amenities of the facility as well as main attractions in the area
- Delivers messages, items and/or guest amenities as requested
- Shuttles guests to appropriate places that are approved by the location
- Explains parking rates and retrieval procedures to guests upon arrival
Systems and Standards
- Completes all tasks in a timely manner as instructed by the Account Manager
- Treats guests and associates with courtesy, respect and dignity
- Follows all appearance and attendance standards as set forth including complete approved pressed uniform
- Executes all terms and conditions as set forth in the Associate Handbook and other policies and procedures
- Maintains clean, neat work environment including all surrounding areas of ramp, valet desk, wheel chairs, parking area, bell carts, bell closet, trash receptacles and ash urns
- Consistently completes location on all key tags after parking vehicle
- Calculates and collects revenue for vehicles when needed
Safety and Risk Management
- Follows site specific safety and security procedures
- Practices preventative safety procedures as set forth , including safe lifting techniques
- Issues claim checks only after receiving vehicle keys and collects claim checks from all guests prior to issuing keys
- Consistently completes and maintains all ticket information including key tag, guest folio, location of vehicle, damage survey and claim check receipt from all vehicles taken into the valet system
- Reports all accidents and incidents observed on shift to Guest Service Coordinator or Account Manager immediately
- Uses only equipment trained to use and operates all equipment in a safe manner
- Immediately secures all keys on belt clip or in a locked key box
- Reports all potential hazards and safety concerns to Account Manager
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Read and write standard English language, comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memo and write simple correspondence
- Effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to guests, clients and other employees of the organization
- Add and subtract three digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's; ability to perform these operations using units of American money
- Understand 24 hour and military time systems, rates applicable to time passed
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); OR one to three months related experience and/or training; OR equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to operate a manual transmission is highly desirable
- Perform parallel parking
- Must have and maintain a valid drivers license and clean driving record
- For insurance purposes, must be at least 18 years of age and be able to pass a criminal background and drug screen
- Must complete the Wheelchair Safety Training course provided
- If providing shuttle services, may be subject to additional requirements
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The associate is regularly required to run; stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk and hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds frequently and up to 75 pounds occasionally. Must be able to push and pull 75 pounds frequently and 100 pounds occasionally.
- Must be able to push and pull (on wheelchair) 100 to 350 pounds frequently over considerable distances
- Working flexible schedules and extended hours are sometimes required.
For over 25 years, Towne Park has continued to deliver specialized hospitality services that include valet parking and self-parking management, door and bell, concierge, transportation, greeter and patient transport services all with the goal of enhancing the service experience.
Towne Park's unique culture includes a collaborative, social work environment that fosters high visibility and career progression. Our track record of success and growth has resulted in seven appearances on the Inc. 500|5000 List of the fastest-growing private companies since 2007.
Consider joining Towne Park if you're Driven To Serve!