Specialty Pharmacy Care Coordinator
SPECIALTY PHARMACY CARE COORDINATOR
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for assisting pharmacists and patients with adherence, drug delivery, physician client communications, patient communications, and patient assistance programs.
- Answer calls from physicians and patients and providing assistance;
- Process referrals upon receipt;
- Coordinate patient medication delivery;
- Assist others with intake and communications;
- Perform the fax/email communications function with physician offices;
- Assemble and organize patient charts;
- Maintain patient charts, including filing, sorting and alphabetizing;
- Update patient charts, including processing all correspondence and patient information into charts;
- Direct calls from patients to appropriate parties;
- Assemble, post and mail co-pay billing correspondence;
- Perform such other duties as needed or assigned by management.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Understanding of medical and health insurance terminology.
- Strong computer skills including word processing and spreadsheet software.
- Good time management skills, attention to detail and the ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Work independently and show strong organizational skills.
- Ability to adhere to strict guidelines and codes of practice.
Company Description Century Specialty Script offers physicians and patients an efficient and effective way of managing chronic diseases. The company manages multiple disease states for patients and provide important informational and support services to the physicians who treat those patients.
Century Drugs, our retail component, is a full-service community retail pharmacy located in Tuckahoe, NY.
We offer competitive pay, benefits, and opportunities for advancement.