Technical Operations Manager
Language Testing International (LTI), a division of SAMSUNG, has been the leader in the development of language proficiency testing for more than 100 languages in over 40 countries. We conduct thousands of tests for small businesses to Fortune 500 companies, including both State and Federal government agencies and academic institutions.
This position is responsible for the design, implementation and administration of LTI technical operations including:
- Security, including defining policies, monitoring for intrusions, responding to incidents, and more generally maintaining security to assure LTI meets regulatory and customer requirements.
- Backup, restore, disaster recovery and high availability for client facing platforms.
- Administration and maintenance of infrastructure (hardware and software) for LTI eCommerce (Magento), Test Delivery Systems, and client portals.
- Release engineering and devops support using tools such as Jenkins, Puppet, Vagrant and/or others to streamline operations
- Administration and monitoring of the LTI IVR system supporting assessment delivery
- Working with 3rd party DBA service provider to assure proper operation, performance and reliability of database systems
- Administration and support of LTI's production hosting infrastructure including security, high-availability, and performance monitoring. LTI is operates a hybrid cloud based infrastructure utilizing both AWS based assets as well as virtual and bare metal servers.
- Support of LTI Software Engineering infrastructure supporting a distributed development team, including Jira, GitHub, TFS and other support systems
- Work closely with customer support to handle escalation of service requests.
This position requires technical leadership and knowledge of the infrastructure supporting LTI. The candidate is expected to have an intense desire to understand both the business requirements and the technology supporting those requirements. It is expected that the individual will maintain up-to-date knowledge on new technologies as they might impact or advantage LTI, and make recommendations on technology adoption for the organization. A keen understanding of cloud based services using AWS is required. The candidate must understand the unique characteristics of cloud architecture versus traditional managed hosting on virtual or dedicated hardware.
- Responsible for scheduling, resource allocation, and task assignment for a team of engineers and analyst.
- Manages the cloud based server services (AWS and Linux).
- Responsible for managing all software and hardware systems, networking platforms, IVR test delivery systems and third party IT providers
LTI delivers assessments 24/7 globally. The individual is expected to be a key contributor in maintaining high availability of LTI systems. The individual must be able to help identify and resolve performance issues and bottlenecks, providing guidance in managing risk, and ensures the timely remediation of critical issues. Working with our global partners on test delivery and support services at times may require non-tradition hours for global conference calls.
General Knowledge & Skills
- Strong leadership skills, Critical thinker, organized and detail oriented
- Proven record of delivery
- Ability to inspire and motivate team and individuals
- Strong Interpersonal (listening, written and verbal communication) and presentation skills
Education & Experience
- Bachelors' Degree or equivalent experience required
- 5+ years of IT leadership experience in roles of increasing responsibility and complexities
**Must be authorized to work in the US for any employer without company sponsorship**Company Description Language Testing International (LTI), a division of SAMSUNG, has been the leader in the development of language proficiency testing for more than 100 languages in over 40 countries. We conduct thousands of tests for small businesses to Fortune 500 companies, including both State and Federal government agencies and academic institutions.