This is a starting position in the QA manufacturing arena. One to two years of experience required within a quality field. Responsible for testing and inspecting products at various stages of the production process and compiles and evaluates statistical data to determine and maintain quality and reliability of products by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Selects products for tests at specified stages in production process, and tests products for variety of qualities such as dimensions, performance, and mechanical, or chemical characteristics.
• Records test data, applying statistical quality control procedures.
• Evaluates data and writes reports to validate or indicate deviations from existing standards.
• Recommends modifications of existing quality or production standards to achieve optimum quality within limits of equipment capability.
• Sets up and performs destructive and nondestructive tests on materials, parts, or products to measure performance, life, or material characteristics.
• Enters data into computer for analysis. Coordinates with production the monitoring of processes and procedures to ensure effectiveness and continuous improvement.
• Determine with Director overall plant product quality by conducting and evaluating various product tests and tests related to ingredients and packaging.
• Uses Root Cause Analysis for investigation of consumer and customer complaints and quality related losses. Develops with Director corrective actions and monitors for effectiveness. Troubleshoots using product tests and product specification measurements.
• Evaluate and take corrective action when necessary with regard to product date coding and trade age management at all levels of product movement.
• Collect, review, sign off, log, file, and follow-up on quality management system paperwork; communicate findings
• Consult with Director and personnel on better operational procedures to improve overall efficiency and product yields.
• Coordinate activities and/or corrective action with production, maintenance, warehouse, and/or shipping and receiving
• Ensure instrument calibration
• Maintain both manual and electronic records
• Prepare plant evaluation reports and submit them to Director
• Assist in development of special department projects and work in conjunction with Director, quality assurance services.
• Accept responsibility of training and preparing new employees.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Associate's degree (AAS) from two-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Statistical Database software; Microsoft Office or similar applications, Internet software; Manufacturing software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb or balance; stoop, crouch, and taste or smell.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perfo1m the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to hot and/or humid conditions (non-weather); working near moving mechanical parts; outdoor weather conditions; extreme cold (non-weather) and extreme heat (non-weather). The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high.
Company Description We are a leading coffee roaster that prides itself on our track record of superior quality and consistency. We work with customers individually and share our in depth knowledge of the industry. Our experience enables us to provide excellent branded or private brand programs and a comprehensive array of around the cup solutions.
A family owned, operated coffee company, located just outside New York City, established in 1934 by the Goldstein family is a company now led by both third and fourth generation family members as well as a talented group of long term employees with decades of operational knowledge of different business segment needs.