Field Service Engineer - Long Island, NY
- Responsible for the installation and service of Hologic products (mammography, digital mammography, bone densitometry, and mini c-arms) which include electrical, mechanical and software components.
- Establish and maintain a high level of customer satisfaction with Hologic's products, support and service.
- Complete all remedial service actions, standard system checks, and required hardware and software upgrades in accordance with approved policies and procedures.
- Assist other Field Engineers as necessary.
- Maintain a good customer service reputation by complying with all regulatory requirements and all aspects of DQSM.
- Complete and submit all required paperwork on time and accurately.
- Train customers on the basic operation and use of Hologic products.
- Provide feedback to the District Manager concerning product performance anomalies encountered in the field, and make recommendations for service improvements.
- Provide support at conventions, trade shows and customer trials.
- Provide pre and post sales support by maintaining close working relationships with sales and customers to ensure expectations are met and equipment installations are handled as planned.
- Manage inventory, keep accurate records, and return unused and failed parts promptly.
- Promote service contract offerings and assist the local Service Sales Specialist in selling service agreements to customers within your assigned territory.
- Manage the assigned territory in an organized fashion.
- Perform PM's on time, provide expeditious on-site response and minimize equipment downtime.
- Respond to customer inquiries in written form (with managerial approval), in person, or via telephone as needed.
- Escalate customer issues and unresolved product problems to service management in a comprehensive and timely manner.
- Must be a self-starter, able to travel and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must be capable of multi-tasking, setting priorities and scheduling work activities.
- Ability to resolve problems, think analytically and communicate professionally in high pressure, time sensitive, customer environments.
- Willing to work flexible hours and overtime on short notice.
- Position requires the ability to be "on call" after normal working hours.
- Depending on location, position may require frequent overnight travel.
- Must have reliable transportation, possess a valid driver's license, and carry adequate auto insurance.
- High degree of mechanical aptitude.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal are required
- Associates Degree or equivalent in electronics, computer science or related technical discipline is required.
- 2-4 years experience in a field service position working with customers to resolve problems related to x-ray, digital imaging or related medical equipment preferred. Experience designing, installing, or maintaining computer networks highly desirable.
- Strong computer literacy. Must be proficient with DOS and Windows, certified training and/or working knowledge of UNIX /NT/Solaris or other software operating systems preferred.
(Including Physical & Mental requirements)
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
Agency and Third Party Recruiter Notice:
Agencies that submit a resume to Hologic must have a current executed Hologic Agency Agreement executed by a member of the Human Resource Department. In addition Agencies may only submit candidates to positions for which they have been invited to do so by a Hologic Recruiter. All resumes must be sent to the Hologic Recruiter under these terms or they will not be considered.
Hologic, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer & VEVRAA Federal Contractor