Flex Campus Security Officer
We are seeking a Flex Security Officer to become an integral part of our team. The selected individual will patrol and secure assigned premises as well as identify risks to staff and patrons.
Essential Job Functions:
- Observes and reports activities and incidents at an assigned client site, providing for the security and safety of client property and personnel.
- Makes periodic patrols to check for irregularities and to inspect protection devices and fire control equipment.
- Preserves order and may act to enforce regulations and directives for the site pertaining to personnel, visitors, and premises.
- Controls access to client site or facility through the admittance process
- Patrols assigned site on foot or in vehicle; checks for unsafe conditions, hazards, unlocked doors, security violations, blocked entrances and exits, mechanical problems, and unauthorized persons.
- Protects evidence or scene of incident in the event of accidents, emergencies, or security investigations.
- Responds to incidents of fire, medical emergency, bomb threat, flooding, water discharge, elevator emergency, hazardous materials, inclement weather, and other incidents.
- Prepares logs and reports as required.
- Must have a flexible availability, including off-shifts and weekends
- 2 years of previous military or security experience
- Valid CT driver's license & clean driving record
- Must be physically fit to ride a mountain bike for long periods of time
- Must be able to walk and/or stand for long periods of time
- May be required to travel up to 20 miles
- Reliable means of communication (telephone number where you can be reached)
- Must be 18 years or older by time of appointment
- Have the legal right to work in the U.S.
- Able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Possess a High school diploma or GED
- Willing to participate in pre-employment drug screen and background investigation
- Able to meet minimum state guard licensing requirements
EOE - AAP M/F/D/VCompany Description Securitas is the most locally-focused security company in the United States, with over 500 local Branch Managers and more than 88,000 Security Officers who provide unmatched security solutions to meet the specific needs of thousands of businesses. Securitas USA's core business is Security Services. Our main service offering categories are specialized guarding, mobile security services, monitoring, and consulting and investigations.
We hire people from all walks of life with a variety of distinctive skills and perspectives united with a common purpose - "To help protect homes, workplaces and communities by providing the security needed to help protect their assets and safeguard their people." Integrity, Vigilance, and Helpfulness, represented by the three dots on our logo, are qualities our employees are proud to demonstrate daily.
At Securitas USA we believe that the future of our company can only be achieved if we help with the continuity of our people skills. We believe in proper recruitment, extensive training and ongoing coaching. We strive to help our employees develop to their full potential.