TitlePhysician Assistant Surgical
Days/Hours of Week6-6
DescriptionUnder the direction of the Chairman of Surgery and with the guidance of the attending physician, practices within the guidelines set forth by the State of Connecticut. Surgical Physician Assistant duties include management of pre -op & post-op surgical patients on floors & ICU as well as admissions & consults.
• Cover the inpatient surgical service including general surgical patients as well as patients on the orthopedic, neurosurgery, bariatric, plastic surgery, urology, thoracic & colorectal services.
• Monitor and manage patients admitted to surgical services 24 hours a day, seven days a week on a rotating basis working 12 or 24 hour shifts.
• Provide first assist in the operating room for an exciting variety of surgical procedures.
• Independently perform procedures including chest tube and central line placements as well as wound-vac applications at the direction of the supervising physician.
• Provide surgical consults as needed in the emergency room.
• Applicants must have current NCCPA certification, active CT license, CT Controlled Substance and DEA registration.
• Surgical experience or completion of a surgical training program is strongly preferred.
To check out all of our jobs, please visit jobs.ka-recruiting.com