Attorney (Commodity), Connecticut
Redstone Commodity Search focus on offering 360?? search solutions to the global commodities markets. With a competitive coverage of Trading Houses, Producers, Majors, Utilities, Merchants, Hedge Funds, Investment Banks and Brokerages; Redstone Commodity Search can confidently offer you an edge in today's volatile market.
Redstone Commodity Search are working with a global commodities trading company seeking an attorney for their US offices in Connecticut.
Key Responsibilities / Tasks
- Join the corporate in-house legal department and manage commercial contracts as well as general corporate transactions
- In charge of reviewing, negotiating, preparing as well as revising commercial transaction contracts for the trading department (physical and derivatives)
- Work on tri-party account control agreements, non-disclosure agreements, International Swaps and Derivatives Association (ISDA) Master Agreements, CSA (Credit Support Annexes), guarantees as well as other contracts related to commodity trade finance
- Assist with general corporate transactions including M&A and JV agreements and collaborate with the other legal departments internationally in Asia (China), Latin America and Europe
- Handle regulatory and compliance issues when required
- Reports into the General Counsel
Key Qualifications / Experience
- Around 5 years of work experience as an attorney with in-house experience at a commodities corporate (energy, metals, mining, agriculture, chemicals or raw materials etc.)
- Understanding of trade finance/commodity trade finance, commercial contracts as well as general corporate transactions
- Licence to work in Connecticut is a must
- Ability to work independently with strong organizational, drafting and negotiation skills
- Located in Connecticut in/near Greenwich, Stamford, Norwalk, or Bridgeport (USA)
If you match the job description and are keen on applying for this role; please send us a copy of your resume/cover letter to or submit your application through the Vacancy Form.Redstone Commodity Search are working with a global commodities trading company seeking an attorney for their US offices in Connecticut.