PharMerica Corporation is a premier institutional pharmacy services provider, dedicated to providing quality patient care and innovative pharmacy solutions to institutional customers and patients in long-term care settings. With nearly $2 billion in annual revenues, PharMerica is one of the nation's largest institutional pharmacy companies. PharMerica operates more than 100 institutional pharmacies in 45 states and serves nursing facilities that care for approximately 350,000 patients.
PharMerica Berlin is recruiting a Pharmacy Director to join our team.
The Pharmacy Director will be responsible for directing workforce in the day to day operations of pharmacy or multiple locations and managing cost to established goals.
- Controls pharmacy cost to meet or exceed budgeted cost per script.
- Provides the leadership and direction to build an effective team and continually develop associates to improve performance.
- Implements, maintains and reports on core processes.
- Ensures pharmacy compliance with all regulatory requirements including SOX.
- Emphasizes dispensing efficiency and accuracy with the workforce, and manages the dispensing process to exceed the Company's goal.
- Manages the staffing and scheduling process to optimize production and contain labor costs.
- Manages pharmacy personnel issues including hiring, evaluations, discipline and separation, and monitors and approves payroll.
- Approves and submits accounts payable invoices.
- Manages physical inventory levels to meet client requirements and Company goals.
- Implements Company, Region and District policies, processes and initiatives.
- Provides timely and accurate reports as required.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
- Conducts job responsibilities in accordance with the standards set out in the Company's Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, its policies and procedures, the Corporate Compliance Agreement, applicable federal and state laws, and applicable professional standards.
- 4 year degree required; MBA desired
- Minimum of 5 years management/supervisory experience required
- Prior experience in pharmacy/healthcare ; prior P&L responsibility, LTC experience
- Must have business/financial knowledge
- Licensed Pharmacist preferred
- Must be results-oriented with skills in planning, communication, and people management
Accelerate Your Career with PharMerica!
Nearest Major Market: Hartford