Physical Therapist Job Description
- Graduate of an accredited university with a B.S., MA, or M.S. in Physical Therapy that is recognized by the APTA.
- Holds current license and/or registration in the state (as applicable)
- Provide a comprehensive physical therapy evaluation based on MD's orders.
- Document findings on the standardized evaluation form neatly, accurately and adhering to all guidelines.
- Provide a comprehensive treatment plan including long and short term goals, frequency, duration and treatment modalities.
- Ensure MD orders are obtained for evaluations, treatments, recertifications and discharges.
- Provide comprehensive treatment to patients utilizing modalities and modifying patient treatment as indicated while adhering to precautions.
- Document patient's progress on weekly progress note accurately and timely.
- Document monthly updated treatment plan on standardized form in timely manner.
- Document patient's discharge and in-services on a discharge summary as indicated.
- Document any caregiver or discharge in-services on an in-service form as indicated.
- Complete any and all other documentation forms required by Tender Touch.
- Document care plans and information needed for the MDS as deemed necessary by the facility.
- Attend facility and rehab meetings as indicated by supervisor and/or regional manager.
- Participate in facility committee meetings as indicated.
- Act as a rehab delegate to the interdisciplinary team.
- Participate in scheduling of patients.
- Perform screens as indicated.
- Complete billing logs and bill patients ethically and accurately for physical therapy services rendered.
- Cover other therapists patient caseload during absence as necessary
- Supervise junior staff members or students in compliance with State PT Board regulations and requirements. Co-sign notes of assistants or students.
- Maintain professional relationship with co-workers, facility staff, patients and patient families.
- Provide inservice education regarding patient care or physical therapy services to rehab staff, facility staff, hospitals and/or community as needed.
- Comply with all facility and Tender Touch safety policies and procedures.
- Comply with patient confidentiality and Federal Resident Rights.
- Report to work on time, adhere to scheduled hours and project a professional image at all times.
- Adhere to productivity requirements, complete productivity reports and submit in a timely manner.
- Comply with all Tender Touch policies re: lunch, overtime, sick and time off notification.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by demonstrating and communicating in a professional manner so as to foster positive relations with customers, clients, co-workers and managers.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the department supervisor, lead therapist or regional manager.
- Adhere to any and all other Tender Touch written and oral policies and procedures.
- Tender Touch may request your availability to travel to facilities within reasonable distance.
- Employee should be able to transfer patients, lift weights, transport patients and perform treatment on the mat.
- Employee should be knowledgeable in and exercise good body mechanics during patient treatment.