Radiologic Technologist - New Grads Welcomed
WESTMED Medical Group is currently seeking Radiologic Technologists - New Graduates Welcomed, for a variety of openings throughout our locations in New York. If you are a recent graduate interested to learn more about the Radiology opportunities, meet with our Radiology team, and work in an organization that was rated a Great Place to Work, please submit your resume!
The Radiologic Technologist assists the Radiologist in diagnosis and treatment of patients within WMG while maintaining excellent imaging quality. The radiology department at WESTMED Medical Group is accredited by the American College of Radiology (ACR) in breast ultrasound, mammography, stereotactic breast biopsy, ultrasound-guided breast imaging, Cat Scan and MRI. With the recent addition of digital mammography, high field MRI, and a PET/CAT scanner, the GE Discovery 610, we continue to bring the latest technology to the community.
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities
• Radiologic technologists must follow physicians' orders precisely and conform to regulations concerning the use of radiation to protect themselves, their patients, and their coworkers from unnecessary exposure.
• Prepare intravenous contrast media and Initiate IV access when necessary.
• Help patients transfer to the detector or exam table and ensuring adequate patient immobilization to perform exam.
• Verify proper patient identification on the study and route it PACS. Send required information to Virtual Radiologic when indicated.
• Place demographic information in the reading room for interpretation.
• Maintains a daily log of patients seen.
• Operate the equipment to acquire a variety of imaging results.
• Obtains essential information from patients, medical records, and previous scans for clinical correlation.
• Monitor patient reaction to treatment and changes in physical or mental status, reporting change to the appropriate person.
• Prepare and assist patients for radiologic procedures as requested by a physician. Provide patient care with dignity and respect for the individual. Educate patients about the procedures to be performed.
• Observe and follow safety procedures to include radiation protection and universal precautions.
• Carry out quality control checks on equipment, reporting deficiencies to proper personnel for action.
• Demonstrate commitment of total quality management and the tenets of service excellence by acting in accordance with the organizational mission at all times.
• Keep familiar with changes regarding technology and safety for self, patients, and visitors.
• Process studies onto CD or Film format for patient study requests while maintaining proper HIPPA compliance.
• Maintain cleanliness of equipment and working area.
• Practice sterile technique and prevent cross contamination.
?? New York State license and ARRT Certification in multi modalities required, Connecticut license preferred.
?? High knowledge with variety of routine procedures and applications.
?? Excellent customer service skills
WESTMED Medical Group is considered the model for the future of healthcare. With over 350 physicians and over 900 staff, we are a high growth, financially thriving, multi-specialty group medical practice providing superior healthcare to patients and health information to the community. Our main office locations are located within Westchester County, New York and lower Fairfield County, Connecticut. Our offices provide full-service care, including primary and specialty care, radiology, lab services, and urgent care. The foundation for service excellence at WESTMED Medical Group starts with the patient experience and focusing on the complete total care of our patients. WESTMED is recognized by the National Committee for Quality Assurance as a Level 3 Medical Home, the highest achievable level. We are one of over 150 Medicare Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs) nationwide. WESTMED strives to be a "provider of choice" and an "employer of choice".
Here at WESTMED Medical Group, we look for individuals who are interested in and seek a challenging, growth-oriented, dynamic and friendly environment. Individuals with a strong work ethic along with a caring personality are who we find to be most successful here, fitting into our not so basic mantra of simply being "Smart" & "Nice". Our organization is constantly looking to bring on like-minded people who have a genuine interest in helping people and possess an intellectual curiosity to try and do things better and more efficiently. We strive to bring out the best in all of our team members and provide individuals with the support they need to achieve their career aspirations while providing the best quality care to our patients.
We provide a modern office environment, state-of-the-art equipment and technology as well as competitive benefits and salary. Our benefits include medical, dental, free copays for employees who see WESTMED physicians, discounted vision glasses, life insurance, AD&D insurance, short-term and long-term disability, 401k and profit sharing, flexible spending plans, and more. WESTMED Medical Group has been GreatRated! as a Great Place to Work, the global authority on high-trust, high-performance workplace cultures.WESTMED Medical Group is currently seeking Radiologic Technologists - New Graduates Welcomed, for a variety...