Family & Children’s Agency (FCA) is a leading non-profit, 501(c)(3), human service organization that is committed to increasing the social and emotional well-being of more than 11,000 individuals throughout Fairfield County and beyond. Skilled professionals serve clients in four primary service areas: children and families, youth, adults and seniors. Ninety cents of every dollar donated to FCA directly benefits those in need in our community.
Our Mission is to partner with individuals, families, organizations and communities to build better lives.
Homecare Department is looking for an Escort/Chore caregiver to join the team
The Philosophy of FCA’s Homecare Services is to prevent premature institutionalization, promote the highest quality of life and strengthen families and individuals during life’s transitions and crisis. Services are guided by the needs and wants of the clients in order to promote continued safety, independence and autonomy in their own homes.
- High school education is desirable, but educational qualifications may be waived if applicant can read, write, follow instructions and complete reports fully in the English language.
- Good communication skills are needed with a maturity level to cope with other’s lifestyles and needs. Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision, be alert and self-motivated. Must be able to effectively manage difficult situations and clients.
- Must demonstrate tact, patience and good personal hygiene. Must have empathy for the needs of the ill, injured, frail and the impaired.
- Safe driving and map reading skills essential.
- Training will be of sufficient length to meet the needs of the position.
- Personal vehicle, driver’s license and automobile insurance required.
Please call Family & Children's Agency and speak with Marggie Sanchez, HR Specialist at (203) 523-5146 Monday thru Friday 9am - 5pm. EOE.