- Performs PLC diagnostics to troubleshoot motor, low voltage and PLC controls.
- Assembles and wires electronic units and machine control systems using diagrams and schematics.
- Makes decisions involving a high degree of ingenuity, initiative and judgment.
- May layout work for, and direct, electricians of lower classification.
- Devises and/or designs electrical/electronic circuits for new or complex jobs.
- Finds or locates replacement parts for required repair by way of catalog, internet, or by phone.
- Works closely with engineers in designing and creating complex equipment.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS, EXPERIENCE, SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Five years’ experience as an industrial electrician in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience working with 480 volt, three phase, three wire system.
- State issued E1 or E2 Electrician’s license.
- Associate's Degree from an accredited technical institution, or equivalent combination of education and experience gained through related formal studies and practical electronics experience.
- Ability to use machine builder diagnostics to isolate and repair problems with DC, AC, computer and microprocessor circuitry.
- Ability to read and write English proficiently to comply with work instructions and write reports.
- Good computer skills required.
- Background in robotics a plus.
Ashcroft Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Please note: The position requires U.S. Citizen, Permanent Legal Resident or granted Asylee/Refugee status under the Immigration and Nationality Act.