Vice President, Chief Development Officer
Family & Children’s Agency (FCA) is a leading, nonprofit human service organization committed to building better lives by increasing the social and emotional well being of our clients. We provide strength based solution focused services that meet the needs of our clients throughout the life cycle including children, families, youth, adults and seniors. Our acquired knowledge and skill has also enabled us to be responsive to the changing needs in the communities we serve.
Our Mission is to partner with individuals, families, organizations and communities to build better lives.
We are seeking a Vice President, Chief Development Officer to join our Executive Team: The Vice President, Chief Development Officer will report directly to the President & CEO and will be responsible to plan, organize and oversee all aspects of the organization’s fundraising and communications activities. Fundraising activities will include special events, annual giving, major gifts, corporate donations, and planned giving. Communications activities will include website, social media, program materials, public relations and marketing. The Vice President, Chief Development Officer will also be responsible to develop in collaboration with the President, CEO and the development team, strategic plans which will include cultivation of relationships with potential donors to grow donations, while also increasing volunteerism and overall visibility for the organization.
- Extensive knowledge of fundraising principles and experience building and maintaining relationships with donors through donor cultivation and stewardship.
- Ability to develop effective strategies for the identification and solicitation of individuals, corporations and foundations.
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse constituencies utilizing excellent written and oral skills.
- Experience developing communications plans and strategies including the use of social media.
- Experience developing relationships with volunteers and overseeing volunteer management
- Extensive experience managing a development team with an emphasis on staff development.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge fundraising software as well as Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree, CFRE or Master’s Preferred.
We are proud to have been named as the #1 Medium Sized Workplace in Southern Connecticut by Hearst Media in 2016. We offer a competitive compensation package with medical, dental, life and long term disability. 401K plan with a company match and pension contribution. We also have a very generous vacation, sick and holiday pay policy. EOE.